cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else been double charged this month?

richard2310

anyone else been double charged this month?

I've been billed twice this month for different amounts, although only one payment is showing in transactions. Plusnet have asked me for my bank statement (which I wont get until 2nd week of next month)
So, advice is to check your bank account.
I can't understand why plusnet can't find the double charge themselves and sort the problem.
I shall cancel my standing order for a month if they refuse to resolve this quickly and if its the only way of getting my money back, as I doubt I'll be offered interest on it!!

Anyone else with the same probelm?
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: anyone else been double charged this month?

be careful of cancelling your standing order, PN have a bad Auto Accounts that cuts of your connection (Illegally?)
prichardson
Grafter

Cancellation of a Direct Debit will not result in an account being disabled. Two things will occur due to this.
1: An email notice confirming receipt of a cancellation of the Direct Debit from the bank.
2: Potentially no primary payment method being available for your next payment. If this is the case, than standard failed billing procedures commence per the following.
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/failedbilling.shtml
In regards to the payment issue. I haven't logged into your account to see if this is the case, however did you receive an email in the last 30 days notifying you of a payment problem in February?
The best suggestion is to check to see if the value if equal to your February invoice and if any payment was process against your statement in February.
If there was a payment in February on your statement, do you know if the duplicate payment came out via Direct Debit or as a Card transaction. If it is a Direct Debit payment, ask your bank to confirm the Direct Debit reference associated, if it is a card payment, ask your bank for the authorisation code associated with the transaction. With one of these two details, we can track the payment down before your statement, though a card investigation can't be performed in a call.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richard,
You should have received the email explaining this on or just before the 23rd March to the email address we have for you on the account. I hope that helps explain things for you (it is the issue Phil mentions above).
amcclean
Rising Star

There was a billing error in March as noted above. I received an email stating that PN would take the missed payment this month. I called and agreed with Pn to split the bill over two months as I can't afford it twice on one month.
personally I would have loved them to say that the bill was cancelled for that month as it was their error but sadly not.  It would be a good tag line ad though "if we mess up your payments we take the hit not you"
podman