cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am I entitled to compensation

FIXED
martinremphry

am I entitled to compensation

Hello - we regularly use our home phone and were without our telephone for 17 days which resulted in us incurring additional charges on our mobiles, calling the Channel Island and Ireland, and using mobile data. Our internet was mostly unavailable or really slow. we had to chase for a repair and stayed in a few times to let the engineers in. After much chasing, this was finally fixed. We were initially advised there would be a good will gesture compensation for the additional charges but were in fact offered a paltry £15.17 which we assume covers the monthly rent. This was then increased  by £10.99 when we complained. However, this doesn't cover our additional phone charges of £20 and £10 for me and my partner as initially advised. 

Any suggestions? Should we just accept the compensation offered? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: am I entitled to compensation

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Everything Else to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @martinremphy,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to this fault and for the delay in us picking up this post.

I've had a look into this for you and would like to offer a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused. The goodwill gesture is account specific information so I've added the details of this to a ticket on your account that you can view here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
martinremphry

Thank you for the offer of £35.00 compensation which we are happy to accept.

With kind regards,

Martin

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @EmilyD   as per message #3.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us Martin.

I've arranged that for you now, I'd expect a cheque to land within the next 14 days.

Let us know if you need any further assistance or if there's anything else we can help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stablesm68

We recently lost service of broadband and phone for over two weeks. Now we had an email confirming the fault was solved which is was. No mention of any compensation whatsoever. I tried twice this morning for webchat but no sense at all. We incurred more expense using mobiles etc. In addition to all of this what is the point in plusnet sending emails confirming the fault has been resolved (with a time limit to respond) when you do respond the automated reply says not to respond via email because emails can be lost, misdirected etc. I have stayed with plusnet for several years but this is testing even my patience to the extent I have registered to blow off steam here. Another point regarding loss of service you appreciate how isolated older (forgive me) are without phone or email. If Plusnet can be bothered to reply to this It would really appreciated that. Webchat is very fraught and I cannot afford the phone all the time.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @stablesm68,

I am sincerely for the fault you had experienced on your service and for the inconvenience this has caused. I am also sorry for the problem you have experienced with regards to the ticket system, they will automatically close after 14 days without a response, but can still be read.

In regards to replying, it should give you an option to add a comment which will upload your reply to the ticket.

I have checked your account and applied credit to your next bill in regards to the time without service during your fault, more information can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team