Did you mean: 

account review Email

websurf518
Dabbler

account review Email

Hi Alll,

i received an account review email on the  22 Sept 2021

in the email it states 

If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice.

i did try using Facebook and despite me telling plusnet i can not phone any numbers due to working long hours , i get a reply of cant cancel account over messenger and to contact plusnet by phone , i cant contact plusnet by phone as working 7am - 8pm (no access to phone during this time) 

so im asking the powers that be can a marker be put on my account to avoid  any early cancellation fees being charged . 

then is it just a case of signing up with a new isp to take over the line ?

Thanks for any info  Smiley

12 REPLIES 12
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: account review Email

Hey @WebSurf

Please respond if my answer does not give you all the clarity you need as I'm not sure sure what you're after. I'll try to be as clear as I can.

You're right, cancellations can only be initiated by phone, or through our cancellation form, which you can find through a simple google search. If you're looking to switch provider though, the best thing to do is initiate the entire transfer through themselves, you don't need to tell us at all. When we receive their order to take over the line, this will serve as your intention to leave.

To be honest, it's always better that you do it that way, if you tell us first, we'll likely place a pending cease order on the line, which interrupts your new providers orders (assuming they use the Openreach network).

Looking through the account though, I'm struggling to find an email stating that you can leave with no fees, do you have a Ticket number / Service Notice number that you can provide at all?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
websurf518
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply

if you look at the email that was sent to me on the 22 Sept 2021  entitled

It's time for your account review

this is part of that email i have highlighted the part that says i can leave without  early exit fee occurring

plusnet.png

i know i can sign up with another isp and they take over the line , but if i had just done this then  i would  have occurred a early exit fee as your now saying you cant find reference to  this, elsewhere in the forum someone else was saying about the early termination fee and a PlusNet employee said they would put a marker on the customers account so they wouldn't get  the early termination fee applied on their last bill.  i just thought it would be easier for the same thing to be done to my account  so i don't get the fee added to my last bill Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the screenshot @websurf518

I'd recommend calling us on 0800 587 1942 (or 0800 013 2632) to discuss and arrange as they're our cancellations team. Smiley

Let us know though if you have any issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
websurf518
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply, as i have said on  this thread and in my first message on PlusNet Facebook page

unfortunately i can not contact plusnet  between 8am - 8pm as i am currently working 7am till 8pm  and have no access to a phone during this time . 

All i am asking for is a marker to be placed ion my account (the same as  as suggested by yourself in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Free-to-leave-email-but-still-under-contract/td-p/1...)   that no early fee will occur when i leave so when i sign up with a new isp  i will not get an added early exit fee  to my final bill which i will have to  then sort out to get it refunded 

thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@websurf518 I understand what you’ve said. As per my response in the thread you’ve linked, I suggested a call to the same number to put the marker on.

Our cancellations team are open weekends as well 9am to 7pm Saturday’s and 9am to 6pm on Sunday’s. 

Out of interest do you work 13 hour shifts with no break every day of the week? Not judging just curious Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
websurf518
Dabbler

I  am working on a covid testing site  7 days a week 7am - 8pm   i do have breaks but  No phones are permitted and i dont have a mobile phone  to use anyway ,my next days of is approx. 2 weeks time , rather get this sorted now Smiley 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @websurf518,

Whilst I can appreciate your predicament, I'm afraid that we're unable to arrange account cancellations via the Community Forums or via the Social Media Support channels. If you have any further queries or issues that you would like to raise then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help wherever we can, however I'm afraid that we cannot progress this particular request any further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
websurf518
Dabbler

This is unbelievable, if you read what i am writing i am not asking for my account to  be cancelled, i am asking for a mark to be put next to my account so when i sign up with a new isp so i will not be billed an early termination fee as  was posted in the email i got sent from PlusNet, ,Can someone from PlusNet confirm that this is the case i can leave without an early leaving fee being applied to  my final bill

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Here's a thought, just hang on for 3-4move when your contract ends! weeks and start a new contract with your chosen supplier.

HTH.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @websurf518

Thanks for your response, and I'm sorry we're unable to help here. As per the email, you won't be charged early termination fees, though you'll need to find some time to call our Customer Options Team on the number provided in order for them to put the marker on your account.

Alternatively, you can log onto your online Member Centre, find the end date for your contract, and ask a new supplier to take over the line on that date, that way you'll never pay out of contract prices for your services.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
websurf518
Dabbler

Just received my final bill from plusnet and according to the bill i have been charged

Early Termination Charge £9.51

despite  plunet sending out the original email as above  "you can leave early without no termination charge" and 

comments from plusnet help team above saying i will not get billed an early termination charge  which is why i started this thread to make sure i didn't get charged and could leave easily

would appreciate if someone from plusnet could help with this  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @websurf518

Had you contacted our Customer Options Team by phone as per our previous posts?

You'd have needed to do this prior to cancellation to avoid termination fees.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet