cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accepted new special offer on contract; confirmation email has incorrect pricing

ahmahmahm
Grafter

accepted new special offer on contract; confirmation email has incorrect pricing

For 'Unlimited Fibre Extra', I was on a discounted price of £20.99 - £7.99, due to end 02/11/2020.  In my account area, I was offered a new discounted price of £20.99 - £8.99, starting a new 18 month contract.  Fine, looks good, I'll accept that, I thought.  🙂

The confirmation email, however, says my monthly subscription will be £40.99 for 18 months.

Is this just some transient error, until the existing contract is fully replaced by the new one?

I also have £9 for the Unlimited call package, and line rental is paid up for another 11 months or so, via the line rental saver.

Any clues?

thanks, Andy

7 REPLIES 7
ahmahmahm
Grafter

Re: accepted new special offer on contract; confirmation email has incorrect pricing

Are there any Plusnet staff here, who are able to comment on this, please?

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: accepted new special offer on contract; confirmation email has incorrect pricing

Hi @ahmahmahm 

Check at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search to see if a Question has been raised specifying  what you agreed to

Dave

ahmahmahm
Grafter

Hi Dave, and thanks for the reply.

The tickets there show the same incorrect information about now being on Unlimited Fibre Extra, for £40.99 per month for an 18 month contract, when it should be £12.00 per month for that period.

I clearly wouldn't have agreed to that package at that price.  That's nearly double the advertised, non-discount price for that package.  Must be some mistake.

Andy

daveplus
Pro

Yes, that is really bad. Try phoning and choose "thinking of leaving". They should be able to sort it.

Dave

ahmahmahm
Grafter

I've noticed that my total monthly price would be £40.99, if I take the expected £12.00 for the fibre bb + phone package, plus the expected £9.00 for call package, plus £19.99 for line rental, which I won't pay since I'm in the middle of a prepaid line rental saver period.  Is this, in fact, just a badly-worded email from Plusnet?

Andy

PS thought you were staff.

daveplus
Pro

Hi Andy

Just checked my new contract details and it the only price there is the broadband. I also have LRS

Dave

ahmahmahm
Grafter

Got through to the support line guys after a 25 minute hold - not too bad these days.  I am assured that everything is fine, and the confirmation email is just not very well written.  We'll see when the next payment goes out.