cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a right to ask for a partial refund on remaining line rental saver if u leave

scoobydoo1
Grafter

a right to ask for a partial refund on remaining line rental saver if u leave

as above due to plusnets recent price change, are people who have remaining months left on their line rental saver and choose to leave entitled to get this refunded due to the breach of terms and conditions with recent price hikes? as ive read someone complained and got a refund,
if that is true then it should be allowed for all who wish to leave
i look forward to a response and not just a cut and paste from if you paid and wish to leave within 7 days etc. as that clearly goes out the window with this new price increase (terms and conditions)
thanks to other poster for noticing this
Quote from: newagetraveller
Someone on Moneysavingexpert has reported a success in receiving a pro-rata LRS refund when advising they weren't prepared to accept their contract change.
Scroll down to post 112.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4730921&page=6
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: a right to ask for a partial refund on remaining line rental saver if u leave

I've responded to the same question over in the main thread. Customers are not entitled to a refund. This is stated clearly in the terms for the product.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scoobydoo1
Grafter

Re: a right to ask for a partial refund on remaining line rental saver if u leave

" Customers are not entitled to a refund."
then why did you refund that person when he raised a complaint against you ?
(note to mods thinking of closing/hiding this post/thread)
this thread is important as its easier for people to follow rather than read midway into a 20 page read
(also plusnet are clearly misleading people into thinking you cannot get a refund when clearly its been PROVEN you can)
James
Grafter

I "can" climb Mount Everest.  That doesn't mean that I am going to.
Bob has clearly outlined the company stance on this.  The fact that a single person received a refund is down to the advisor that dealt with the case, solely on a case by case basic and did not follow the company policy.
We are not bound to refund something that has been paid up front for a specific period of time.  LRS is separate to the rest of the contract and the price of LRS has not increased for the duration that was paid for up front.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: James
LRS is separate to the rest of the contract
Clearly not, they are inter-related.
Could I take out an LRS agreement with PN with no underlying services for phone or broadband at all?  Crazy
you can add Line Rental Saver to any of our broadband and phone packages

There is a critical section missing from the Q&A here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/#what
e.g. What happens if PlusNet increase any prices during my LRS period?
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: James
I "can" climb Mount Everest.  That doesn't mean that I am going to.

Grin I do love the honesty (and sometime abruptness) of staff on these forums. Makes you look a whole lot more human Smiley