cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a fast contact when it concerns money to plusnet!

g4jnw
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

a fast contact when it concerns money to plusnet!

Im in the process of changing my bank and it only takes 7 days now to switch, bill just paid on the 25th so i set the date for a final switch date of the 6th as my mortgage goes off on the 1st.
All suppliers seem fine and did check in plusnet and it shows the new bank account details but then i get a curt email from plusnet as below - i think one department doesn't know what the other is doing. Bear in mind as from next month i can cancel my account so don't jump the gun plusnet, especially as I've been with you a long time!!
UPDATE YOUR DETAILS NOW! rather than ask the customer to update their details NOW!
email as below:
Since we last emailed you, our records still show that the card details saved for your account aren't valid or may have expired.
So that we can take the next payment for your service it's important that you update your card details before 2015-10-25.
Update your card details now:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=update_credit_card

Paying by Direct Debit
--------------------
It's much easier to pay by Direct Debit, if you'd like to set one up go to My Account:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=direct_debit
If you're having trouble adding payment details or have a question about this, please contact our Support Team using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net/ ) or call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
5 REPLIES 5
g4jnw
Rising Star

Re: a fast contact when it concerns money to plusnet!

One thing i do find annoying is that there seems to be no easy way to contact them apart from phone or chat and thats not always convenient or i could have sent them a simple email rather than post on a forum, it would have been something like this.
I am changing banks and as part of the switching process they set up all my listed direct debits, the change over date is the 6th
I have just checked and i see plusnet is set up on the list so there should be no problems with the next direct debit.
I remember last march having problems trying to find out when my latest contract ended, eventually i was told November 2015, this can't be seen on the accounts website by the customer.
I think plusnet needs to go back to where it was when they started and be more transparent and upfront and less of a company that jump on customers.
I have no problem with the plusnet service its self its just when you need them they seem to fail.
For instance i don't know and its not on the website, what happens when you come to the end of a contract term? - I for one hope its a month by month as we have our house up for sale. If its not then i need to know so i can look at monthly contracts with a different company.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"For instance i don't know and its not on the website, what happens when you come to the end of a contract term? "
My bold.
Go to Help & Support A - Z (bottom of main site home page) and scroll down to "Contract policy". Smiley
1. Residential broadband contracts
Standard broadband: you can choose between a fixed term contract (12 or 18 months) or you can choose not to take a contract.
Fibre optic broadband: all fibre products come with a fixed term 18 month contract.
   Once a fixed term contract expires you'll be switched to a rolling monthly contract automatically
   If you want to cancel before the end of your contracted period, you'll be charged a cancellation fee
   The cancellation fee is based on the monthly price of your product and the remaining months of your contracted period
   For contracts started before 18th November 2012 - the cancellation fee may also include the cost of your router and installation of your service
   You would also need to pay for costs that fall within this notice period - usually your next month's subscription
g4jnw
Rising Star

Yes i realise whats available and have been with them since the start but have not kept a record of changes - I know it ends in November because I asked them when we put our house up for sale in March.
What I'm saying is, i would not have had to ask if the information would have been available in my accounts section i.e.: contract ends at such a date and a link then to say what happens when it ends - simple!!!
They know because its on their system but why not just make it publicly available to you.
It would save them having to field enquiries like mine.
adie:quote
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

You asked what happens when you come to the end of a contract (agreed term) and I supplied the answer. Huh
Your contract doesn't end anyway, it's only the minimum period you mutually agreed to that ends.
Were you not sent a confirmation e-mail or is there not a ticket on your account detailing the period you agreed to?
g4jnw
Rising Star

Thanks - would be better if when you logged on under accounts that you could see start of the term and when you go on to rolling contract term - however thanks for your info, i now know that ill be on a rolling contract as of november so i don't need to do anything, i'll stay put for now until we move house, whenever that might be.