Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zombie Line- No MAC code- New Fiber line

hotpotato

Zombie Line- No MAC code- New Fiber line

Hi,
I am in a bit of a mess here . short story
1> i ordered a new plusnet fiber at my new home but had to cancel because i was unable to move by required time. Order cancelled withing 10 days of opening and account closed.
2> when i moved in, i requested a new line because by that time existing line at new property was disconnected.
Now, something remarkable happend here. One BT engineer came in and installed fiber line along with fiber modem based on my first order which was cancelled.
Tried last 2 days to sort out the mess, we were advised to close the second account and reactivate the first one for which line was installed.
We cancelled the second account but now someone on phone told me that i can't reactivate a closed account and asked me to put a new order using the phone number i got from installation. All good and done.
BUT , I am stuck now because
1> this line requires a MAC code which i can't get because the exsiting line does not belong to anyone
2> even the phone number is not in plusnet system, but it is in BT system with plusnet as provider
Can anyone please help?
I assume , since its a plusnet line, i don't need a MAC code. If that's the case, please update that in my order so that it can process
2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Zombie Line- No MAC code- New Fiber line

Does this mean you can make free telephone calls because no company takes responsibility for billing you?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Zombie Line- No MAC code- New Fiber line

Hi hotpotato,
Thanks for getting in touch with us, it seems that you spoke with someone on the 01/08/14 who managed to get rid of the line that was causing the problems so once this shows as ceased, we should then be able to get this up and running for you with both phone and broadband service.