cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your services have been restricted

negativeone
Hooked

Your services have been restricted

What restrictions have been put in place?

I have fibre broadband and it's working atm.

Plusnet think my direct debit is cancelled but it's active.
I'm expecting it to debit as normal on the 8th November
8 REPLIES 8
negativeone
Hooked

Re: Your services have been restricted

I've had a look around but can't see what services has been restricted.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 19.57.49.png

My DD is due on the 8th of each month so it shouldn't be hassling for me to pay a bill due to debit in 5 days time.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 20.06.01.png

Can some staff member take a look? You're system has a mandate in place and active but it's obviously become detached from my profile.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @negativeone,

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I've taken a look into your account and I can see that your case handler is currently reviewing the situation. They've advised that they will be back in touch with an update later on today. You can review your outstanding case ticket, by clicking here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
negativeone
Hooked

Thanks.
Can you or anyone answer what's been restricted?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @negativeone

Thanks a lot for your response. This message usually indicates that broadband usage is restricted. I won't be commenting on any billing matters on here due to you having a case hander who's communicating with you via our ticket system on your account but if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Smiley

You can both view and access the open Ticket here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
negativeone
Hooked

Thanks yeah I'm still waiting for them to reply to that ticket.

There doesn't seem to be any throttling speed wise. I'm getting about 60 Mbps down and 18 up. Whilst it should be higher based on previous speeds with Sky that's not out of the norm for Plusnet.

Unless it's restricting amount of data? The plans Unlimited so it shouldn't.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Usually, when an account is restricted through failed billing, it'd completely restrict access to the internet as a whole, unless it's been overridden by a member of staff. Smiley

Plusnet don't throttle speeds internally, speeds can be banded by Openreach, but only in certain circumstances such as the line being unstable.

Adam
negativeone
Hooked

Yeah I couldn't see any difference.

I've now cancelled the active mandate, paid manually and then added the details again.

It looks like the plusnet system created a second mandate, cleared the original, mandate then failed and left me with no details on my account despite still having an active DD listed on my bank account.

The system then saw that the billing generation date was the 1st and said I had missed the payment, when it's usually taken on the 8th.

Hopefully Plusnet will compensate for this mess and inconvenience
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can't really confirm any specifics on the public Community Forum when it comes to billing matters @negativeone, though your case is with our High Level Escalation Team and is under personal ownership. Please add any further comments to the open Ticket, which your case handler will be able to both view and follow up on. Smiley

Adam