Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Internet Connection is due to be terminated message

FIXED
milesr3
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Your Internet Connection is due to be terminated message

Just received a recorded message from BT telling me that my Internet Connection is going to be terminated today. This is a mistake, right?
6 REPLIES 6
Pete99

Re: Your Internet Connection is due to be terminated message

Fix

It's some sort of scam, ignore it, had one a few weeks ago, American sounding synthetic voice saying the same and to press a button to contact an engineer, I put the phone down.

milesr3
Dabbler

Thanks!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

PURE spam, @milesr3 -BT would never phone you and send a bland message out like that, and in any case, your contract is with Plusnet, not BT.

Have a look at this site for an idea of how many of these calls are about, and the advice offered: http://uk.whocalledme.net/

John
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @milesr3

Your account notes dont show anyone being inside your account for a good week or so - so I'd be inclined to agree with what's been said above. 

You may want to look into Plusnet Call Protect so that you can block these numbers after they have called you. 

Thanks, 

MoR

milesr3
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies. My wife answered the call and hung up. I just had a tiny nagging doubt after the recent billing and website issues.
JohnofYork
Grafter

Blocking the number is fine, when there is one to block - even though I suspect that soime of them are spoofed.. We've been getting a spate of these "compromised intyernet connection" scam calls lately..

I block the number afterwrds. The latest one came from an witheld number.

I would like to block those en masse, but places like my doctors, the hospiutal and even my workplace also withold their numbers.

isn't technology almost wonderful.