cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are making me pay for your error

mwt-rht

You are making me pay for your error

We have been with you since 2008, have referred you to others and now you are removing our referral payments because you messed up our account when you became BT.

Our original account became so messed up you asked us to start a new one and promised you would transfer referral payments over, at first you didn't and we had to work hard to make you do as you said. This morning you have rung to say you have now decided to remove these referral payments.

What the heck is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: You are making me pay for your error

Thanks for your post @mwt-rht and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see what's happened.

I can see we've managed to transfer your referrals across to your new account, and your case is being case managed by one of my colleagues in our complaints team Here who'll get back to you as soon as he can. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mwt-rht

We don't know if this will actually fix things because we have been promised so many things over the past two years!

Although we were very pleased to receive the call-back telling us that it was possible you had found a work-round why was this not found 2 years ago? You made us create a new account because you had messed up our original one and couldn't manage to bill us on it, we kept on contacting you to try to make payments and spent a lot of our time trying to help you with your problem.

To receive a call yesterday telling us that you would no longer transfer the referral credit maually and it was just our hard luck was shocking. My husband asked if he could speak to a manager of some description and was told he couldn't, this was a final decision. The fact that it was completely out of the blue and we had no recourse made us upset and angry. We spent the next hour or so finding out how to complain to Ofcom, how to get in touch with PlusNet CEO, etc, and drafting letters .... as well as signing up for this forum.

As I said, the call-back, followed by an email, was very welcome and it might be that the problem is solved; but we have thought this so often.

All we wanted was to continue with our old contract and the happy relationship we had always had with you.

This episode where we were shown no consideration for our loyalty and referrals has had a severe effect on how we feel about PlusNet, and will have a knock-on effect as we share the experience with our referrals.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I appreciate it’s not a good experience and I’m really sorry again for the issues and trouble you’ve been through. Sad

I think that the decision which came about may have been down to a knowledge gap, and that we couldn’t continue to provide a manual credit every month indefinitely, so we offered a one off settlement payment as goodwill.

However I’m glad to see the adviser did some digging and found that we were able to transfer your referrals across from your old account to your new account. 

If you’ve got further concerns, I’d recommend raising them with your case handler via the ticket I’ve linked you to. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button