Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are a disgrace - and I am not a bot - unlike anything connected to Plusnet

FIXED
airwise
Dabbler

You are a disgrace - and I am not a bot - unlike anything connected to Plusnet

Who the hell are you? Disgraceful lack of support - not even the ability to email your team in response to issues. Security my **** - the rest of the world functions perfectly well using it but then they employ human beings who earn wages and support families.

Never come across such a shambles in all my days so anything thinking of joining this lot think again. Disgraceful. Take BT and strip out the support. Knock off a fiver and prepare to lose your hair.

I got a message today advising me I have stopped my direct debit. You don't say.. What a surprise - after you announced that you would charge a £30 disconnection fee when I left the service live but unused up until the end of the month because I had paid for it anyway and was not advised otherwise.

So I will see you in court for the £30 and will claim substantial costs allied to medical tests.

Don't do it folks. Stick to a reputable company.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

30 REPLIES 30
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: YOU ARE A DISGRACE - AND I AM NOT A BOT - UNLIKE ANYTHING CONNECTED TO PLUSNET

Hi @airwise welcome to the forum

The reason why a disconnection/cessation fee is charged is covered here  

It is also part of the T and Cs when signing up to PN 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: YOU ARE A DISGRACE - AND I AM NOT A BOT - UNLIKE ANYTHING CONNECTED TO PLUSNET

Welcome to the Community @airwise

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the service received. Unfortunately a cessation charge is an applicable charge in the instances mentioned on the link @ITWorks has provided.

As your services are paid a month in advance, when you cancel, any services you have paid (for but have not received) are refunded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
airwise
Dabbler

Yes - and your employee failed to mention that at all when I changed my request to terminate on the 10th and to let it run until it was paid up to. So that's just crooked. you will have a phone transcript if you have a modicum of responsibility. Check it.

As for the cessation charge. Sing for it. You didn't provide service for ages because your connection went down and I wasn't informed I could claim for that either. Are your representatives paid to deliberately mislead?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

@airwise I have created TICKET: 165074357 on the account. Please log in online to see my update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Matthewhuk

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

That link is to BT retail, an ISP that charges considerably more than Plusnet. It is BT Wholesale who raise the cease fee.
airwise
Dabbler

How on earth am I supposed to do that?

I suffer from anterograde amnesia. I had forgotten about this.

Firstly I queue for 15 minutes to speak to someone in customer support then the line just goes dead.

Secondly everything is automated and there are NO human beings in the building. On line chat is unavailable due to lack of staff.

Thirdly you have somehow [-Censored-] up my landline whilst discontinuing my service so that no other service provider can offer an internet connection.

This is my final attempt to get this resolved and I would ask that someone somewhere address this in minutes. Failure to do that will result in my getting in the car and visiting one of the board at their home in their spare time in order to give them a piece of my mind.

This is shocking.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) Avoidance of swear filter removed

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @airwise

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues on the back of your account cancellation.

I've checked the line which is associated with your account and can confirm that the cease has completed successfully. Could you please provide further detail on what is causing you issues when trying to sign up with another provider so that I can flag this with the relevant team?

Best Wishes,

Dave

airwise
Dabbler

I still have a dial tone but cannot make or receive calls. Other providers cannot offer a service on the line. I cannot contact your customer "support" team. I cannot use either broadband or phone. I have never come across such a company in all my life.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @airwise

When you say that other providers can't offer a service on the line, what specifically are you being told is the reason for that?

Thanks,

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

@airwise wrote:

Thirdly you have somehow [-Censored-] up my landline whilst discontinuing my service so that no other service provider can offer an internet connection.

This is shocking.

This is consequential to YOU cancelling the service, rather than YOU simply asking another service provider to just take over the line.

When a customer tells any ISP to CANCEL a service that is exactly what they do.  HOWEVER having told BT Wholesale / BT Openreach that the service has been CANCELLED then it is THEY (not the ISP) who block any other service provider from placing new orders on that line until after the cancelation has completed.  I agree that is not helpful, but that is the way the industry operates (under Ofcom rules?) and there is nothing any ISP can do about that.

If YOU had simply asked another provider to take over service provision, YOU would not have encountered these issues.

Whatever, I see that Plusnet are still trying to help you, but if they no longer have any 'ownership' of the line, there's a limit on what they can do with BT Openreach.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

airwise
Dabbler

Interesting Townman but how a member of the public is supposed to know that without being informed is beyond me.

I'm guessing the cancellation has not completed in full because I am refusing to pay the £30 in light of their lack of customer service and their failure to compensate in any way for the down time experienced.

The line is active because there is a dial tone. It is therefore an issue, I would imagine, with them blocking other providers as others are saying that the line does not match records or the service is unavailable.

All over £30 when they have caused me untold problems and failed to advise. Shocking lack of service in my opinion.

airwise
Dabbler

Please see my reply to Townman

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @airwise

I've checked the line which is associated with your account and can confirm that the cease has completed successfully.

We have no impact on your line at this stage and are not preventing other ISP's from providing you with a service.

Could you please confirm what you are being told when you approach another ISP?

Thanks,

Dave