Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'You already have a product change in progress'

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

'You already have a product change in progress'

I migrated my phone to Plusnet last week and also changed my broadband product, which will kick-in next week.  I wasn't sure whether to go with 'Anytime' or 'Anytime International 300' but the agent who sold me the new deal assured me I could switch from one to the other simply (and reversibly) via the Member Centre.  But I can't at the moment, I'm stuck with the message 'You already have a product change in progress'.  What is causing this?
14 REPLIES 14
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: 'You already have a product change in progress'

I think (online at least) you can only change products once a month.  CSC may be able to do it for you, but I think you should be able to do it for yourself once your billing date has passed and your moved onto the product your currently switching to.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

So the impending broadband product change is blocking any (online) changes to the telephone product?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I think so.  It would be one for the Digital Care guys to confirm I would suspect.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning both,
I can confirm that pjmarsh is indeed correct! When we queue up an account change order, it can be placed on either one service or both and will sit in waiting until the billing date to make the change. In the meantime no other changes can be queued up along side this.
If you're looking to make an alteration we can just cancel the current pending change and then you can place the desired changes for both broadband and phone again, would you like to to do this for you now?

Thanks,
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Thanks, Adam, that is kind of you but I think I'll leave it until my new broadband package kicks-in.  I cannot remember or find on the Plusnet web site what the price premium is for adding 'International 300' to my 'Anytime' package so my intention had been to check that, then look back at some old bills to verify that we generally make enough calls for it to be worthwhile before coming to a decision.
How much extra does adding 'International 300' to 'Anytime' cost please? 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Thanks, Oldjim.  I'm sure it did take a bit of finding because I tried and failed.  That's a useful link.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

HELP!
I seem to have got myself into a complete mess.  I wanted to switch from 'Anytime' to 'Anytime International 300' as of today which is the start of my next billing period.  I could not do that in advance because I had a broadband product change pending and now it seems I am too late and the change won't kick-in until 9th August.  When Adam C kindly offered to sort this out for me earlier I declined thinking I could manage it myself but now it's a complete mess.
Adam (or any other Plusnet staff member) is there anything you can do to intervene?  I had not understood the complexities of your billing and product change process. 
Also, if you can do something, can you please check if I still have Caller Display as I don't seem to have been billed for it.  It's been there since I started on 26th June but I'm not at home to check. 
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning ReedRichards,
Just checking over your account it seems that you have an order going through to activate the Caller Display feature, can you confirm if this is still working on your side? Quite odd that it would be in this status given you had it in place previously.
In addition to this we should be able to force your call plan over to Anytime International 300 as today if your billing but as there would be £2 difference in the cost we would need to take that additional payment via a card as a one off payment. If you're happy with us to do this and you can advise on a time and number to call you today I'll get in touch and arrange this for you  Wink
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Thanks, Adam, that is very kind of you (and excellent service).  I have sent you a PM with my phone number for today. 
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Adam was true to his word, called me promptly after I sent the PM and took my credit card details so I could pay the extra £2 that having the product change immediately required.
When I signed-up for Plusnet's phone service, the agent told me I could switch between phone products whenever I wanted to via the Member Centre.  He did not mention the small print which is that you can only schedule one product change per month and this gets queued to take effect at the start of your next billing period.  That's fair enough but it took me a while to grasp that that is the way the system works.     
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

a rather simple question from a rather slow (this morning or always - take your pick) customer can you select several changes at the same time or will it just not accept them all
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

You get walked through options to change your broadband product before you can get to the options to change your telephone product so the answer must be yes.  The point is that you have to select all changes at the same time because you won't get another opportunity until the following month. 
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Afternoon all,
Glad you're happy with the changes we made ReedRichards  Cheesy Apologies if the full details on account change rules weren't explained on the call. We can only accept one change per billing date however you do have the option to alter what changes are made right up until the billing date is hit.
@Oldjim - The account change process is akin to on online shopping basket so you're presented with the available options for broadband and phone, you select your desired combination and then submit them all in one go. From here, they're all grouped into a single account change and normally the change takes effect at the next available billing date.