cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet more problems with billing ... very unhappy!!

FIXED
disgruntled2
Dabbler

Yet more problems with billing ... very unhappy!!

Another month and more problems, I can't believe how they can get things so wrong.

This month (November) I receive a larger than normal bill, I rang customer services who couldn't really explain why I'd had a discount removed and then I spoke to a 'manager' who seemed to understand the problem, they offered to sort out the incorrect bill and (I presumed) arrange for a new bill to be sent. In total I was on the phone for over 1.5 hours, add the 20 minutes waiting time and that's nearly two hours!!!!

I waited for my new bill and when nothing came I once again contacted them only to be told that the bill amendment that I was previously told was going to happen wasn't possible, there was no action from the previous (2 hour) call raised and that I would have to pay the full (overpriced) amount and then get a refund. To be fair to the customer service lady she did arrange the refund right away so I thought that was the problem resolved.

Silly me ... I've now had two emails telling me that my direct debit (which I've never had) had failed payment for October!! (which is a previous month) and that I had to make a payment otherwise I would have my service curtailed. I've just tried the customer service line which has a call waiting time of half an hour (which in reality is probably nearer to 45 minutes) so I'm not prepared to sit around wasting even more of my time. Luckily I was able to add some comments to a previous ticket although I've little confidence that anyone will see it so I thought I would post a message on this forum to see if anyone can help.

I really am very disappointed once again with the level of service and number of problems I am having. I have one month before my contract is complete, needless to say that I will be looking around at other providers to see what's available.

7 REPLIES 7
disgruntled2
Dabbler

Re: Yet more problems with billing ... very very very unhappy. I need this sorting urgently please!!

I managed to speak to customer services who sorted the problem out. I am still really unhappy about the recent issues and the time taken to resolve them though. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Yet more problems with billing ... very unhappy!!

Fix

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had.

From looking at your account, I understand this has been partially resolved. I've noticed that you're missing a discount on your next invoice but I've fixed that for you now. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disgruntled2
Dabbler

Thank You for helping, fingers crossed that my bill is correct next month.

Thanks again

disgruntled2
Dabbler

Hi hope you can help ...

Plusnet wouldn't (or couldn't) offer me a competitive deal to renew my contract so I left and moved to BT on 12/01/2018. However,  I have just received a bill from Plusnet for Unlimited Fibre - Market 1 charge for the period 15-01-2018
to 14-02-2018 for £22.49. I tried calling but once again left waiting so hung up and decided to post on here instead. 

I'm hoping that you can once again help and let plusnet know that as I am no longer a customer I will not be paying my bill for services I haven't received!

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave us.

I'll sort out your account now. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disgruntled2

You might be interested to hear that Plusnet were fined £880,000 by Ofcom last year for continued billing of former customers. In spite of this, it would appear that the problems persist. It might be worth letting Ofcom know.

Details of Ofcom fine here:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

I found this line interesting: “Lindsey Fussell, Ofcom’s Consumer Group Director, said: “There can be no margin for error, and no excuses, when it comes to billing customers correctly.”” Would Plusnet care to comment?

disgruntled2
Dabbler

Thanks ..