Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet more billing problems.

Kozbog
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Yet more billing problems.

Following on from the problem I had with payments in August, which took over a month to resolve. I now have yet more problems.
Received the below email on 13th Oct.

Your Plusnet bill's now ready to view, and you can log in here to see it: https://www.plus.net/mybill

If you?re wondering why your bill looks a little different, it?s because we?ve given them a facelift! Find out about what other changes we?ve made here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/billing-changes/

We'll soon be taking a payment of (the normal monthly payment) for your service. This will leave your account on or after 22nd October 2018.

To see a full history of your payments, or to update your payment details, head over to our Member Centre: https://www.plus.net/my.html

Followed by an email on the 17th saying:

We need to let you know about an outstanding balance on your account.

We weren't able to take payment for your September bill, because there were no active direct debit details on your account. The bill was for £(more than 2 months payments), this will now be added to your October bill and you'll see it on there as a balance brought forward. This will be with you in the next few days.

From our records we can see that you still don't have any active direct debit instructions on your account. To get these set up, please visit the bills and payments section in Member Centre.

You may get an email from us in the next couple of days referring to this failed payment for September. If your account is otherwise up to date please ignore this, as we won't be placing any usage restrictions.

We know there have been a few systems updates recently which might have caused you some disruption. Please know we're working hard to make sure everything gets back to normal very quickly. If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

So I logged in and checked my account to see that my direct debit details are there as normal, next payment due 22nd Oct as normal. No messages to say that the account is in arrears.

I have now received 3 more emails on the 18th with the last one saying that I now owe nearly £130 (almost 4 times my monthly payment)and my account has been restricted.
Log in to my account, direct debit details still there as they have been for the last 4 years, no splash screen, no alerts just a message saying next bill due Nov 13th. Can't find an option to raise a ticket and online chat unavailable.

Sort out your billing system rather than adding extra charge after extra charge and expecting customers to put up with it. From previous experience nothing gets done until someone makes a nuisance of themselves on the forum.
I will be contacting the ombudsmen next and changing suppliers when my contract runs out (not giving you a reason to demand more money by cancelling early) unless you really step up your customer service and show me you do actually "Do you proud"
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kozbog
Dabbler

Re: Yet more billing problems.

Forgot to add that after the previous issue I received the following on the 21st Sept:

Thanks for clearing the outstanding balance on your account

We've successfully taken an outstanding payment of £(August and September payments plus charges) for your service.

You can see the invoice for this and other payments at https://www.plus.net/mybill

• Your broadband account features will be reactivated now

• You should be able to start making phone calls within the hour

Need help?

For more information about payments, check our Billing Guide.

If you've got any questions about your service, please use the Help Assistant.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Customer Support
www.plus.net

Strangely my download speed has improved since being told my account is restricted, see attached.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Kozbog

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the invoices for your service.

I have looked through your account and as my response contains account specific details I have responded via a ticket on your account that you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick

Kozbog
Dabbler

So I still haven't been able to resolve this issue as Plusnet are not collecting the direct debit and the support team are not answering the question I asked on the 26th Oct.
After being a customer for nearly 5 years I am sadly going to be looking elsewhere once my contract expires.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Kozbog, sorry about the delay in response. I have updated your ticket here.