cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another still being charged after we left post

GFT_Workshop
Hooked

Yet another still being charged after we left post

On July 27 we initiated moving our broadband to another ISP, that afternoon I receive a sorry to hear you're leaving Plus Net email. It clearly states our broadband service will be transferred on the 11th August.

So all's well so far.

Change over day arrives and everything switches over perfectly Smiley

Fast forward to the 28th August, I get an email telling us our new bill is ready, and you'll be taking payment for £42 Angry

So I login only to find we have been billed for the 26 August to 25 September. Half expected this as it appears the norm 😉

I also notice two small credits of £2.76, stating No service due to migration.

So I phone up, get through pretty quickly, and the nice chap says, cancel the DD and we'll credit the bill, I just knew it wouldn't be that easy Tongue

6 September I get an email saying that the DD has been cancelled and asking that we setup a new one.

So once again I'm on the phone, being 8am I get through nice a quick, no problem I'm told we'll sort that out for you and credit the bill.

I then get a we're sad to hear you've cancelled your services email, the cancellation will take place on the 6 September, now I knew what would be coming Cheesy Just half an hour latter I get another email complaining we've cancelled our DD, I ignore it. Also various emails saying mailboxes have been deleted.

Friday 7 September I get an payment reminder email saying they've been unable to take payment for £42 and to avoid restrictions to our services we should pay within 48hrs - hmmmm, would that be the services I migrated from on the 10 August and then had to cancel on the 6 September Angry

26 September I get an email saying our bill is ready, so I login fully expecting another months bill, oh yuck what have they done to the bill viewing portal now, old invoices almost impossible to view and print, at least the new ones in PDF format. Oh look those credit notes no longer show Sad At least it appears they've not billed us for October and are just after the £42 for September which we shouldn't have been charged for anyway! Angry

So the long and the short of it is will somebody somewhere please cancel the money we don't owe and refund what you owe us! I've tried phoning and the wait was around 45 minutes, which for anyone let alone a business customer is atrocious!

PS. I was also a residential customer of around 15 years and left in April, that all went smoothly, but so glad I'm not a customer anymore.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Yet another still being charged after we left post

Sorry to hear this.

I've raised a ticket with our billing team to credit the account and refund you accordingly, they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GFT_Workshop
Hooked

@Gandalf That ticket did nothing 😞

Well Plusnet really are a total shambles, after numerous phone calls, posting this thread and also another phone call on 9 October where I was told the account was closed and sent to billing to be sorted out, this morning I receive an email from a dept collection agency - Oriel Collections!

PlusNet you are a total disgrace that you are sending a debt collection agency after people that don't owe you money because of your own inability to have a billing platform that is reliable! 

GFT_Workshop
Hooked

Just spent 12 minutes on the phone, the adviser said the debt should have been cancelled he can see the notes on the system stating this, he's going to contact billing again and also get a manger to ring me back.

GFT_Workshop
Hooked

Had the call back from the manager, so hopefully this will be resolved now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see we've raised this with our debt management team to remove the debt from the collections agency.

We'll get this sorted as soon as we can. Apologies for any concern and inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet