cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another huge mistake on my account. Now restricted!!!!

FIXED
Whywee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yet another huge mistake on my account. Now restricted!!!!

Good grief Plusnet. How many more mistakes are you going to actually make on my account.
Not only did you send me an overcharged bill this month, I have just recieved this by email "We've still not received the payment for your Plusnet account that was due on 8th May 2019. Because of this, your service has been restricted.

Payment due

Amount owed: £47.24"

This is absolutely incorrect and I don't owe to the anything apart from this month's bill which I have 14 days to pay from today! Infacr this amount is an impossibility as it was the date my account was due to go live and as you know we have to pay plusnet in advanced for that!

You have now cut off my Internet and caused untold grief!!!!!

Sort this mess out now and reconnect me!
6 REPLIES 6
Whywee
Rising Star

Re: Yet another huge mistake on my account. Now restricted!!!!

Just recieved this
"This is an important message about payments you haven't made.

We have previously notified you there is an overdue balance of £47.24 on your account.

It is important your balance is paid within the next 14 days to avoid your services and account being cancelled and your details being passed onto our third party Debt Collection Agency.

If we cancel our agreement because payment isn't made and you're still within your minimum term we'll also charge you an early termination charge for each remaining month of your minimum term.

An estimate of these charges at the time of sending are outlined below:

Overdue balance £47.24
Early Termination charges £191.93
Total (less usage and call barring charges) £239.17"

I have never witnessed such an incompetent company. It's one mistake after another. Shocking!!!
Whywee
Rising Star

You have also emailed me this
"Just a reminder that you need to make a payment that's due on your Plusnet account.

To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 9 days.

Payment due

Amount owed: £41.48
Date payment was due: 8th May 2019"
... And and half a dozen text payment reminders!
Whywee
Rising Star

UNBELIEVABLE. PLEASE READ THIS!..
Because plusnet disconnected my broadband today due to them incorrectly demanding a outstanding payement that does not exist but is due to their error, I have been told that the only way to reconnect my service is to make a payment for this month that does not have to be paid for up to 14 days from today!

You couldn't make this up.
I would not be disconnected if it were not for your errors today, and would have 14 days to make this month's payment without a break in service.

You breaking the terms of the contract that I have with you by not reconnecting my account and demanding payment which is not subject to an account disconnection.

You have made my day hell. I want out of Plusnet. You are the most incompetent Internet company I've ever dealt with in 20 years.
Whywee
Rising Star

Plusnet: because you have broken the term of the contract by restricting my Internet because of your errors and unreasonably demanding payment to unrestrict the account today, this along with over charging, I want you to cancel my contract with you with no termination or cancellation fees. This will require your agreement.
Please advise me of the minimum notice period and a time frame that would not interrupt my service (which you already have done).

I simply cannot rely on plusnet anymore as an Internet service provider, and today you have clearly broken the terms of our contract. You have left me without an Internet connection through no fault of my own and unfairly demanding undue payment to reconnect me.
Whywee
Rising Star

Fix
This issue was resolved today by fortunately speaking with someone at Plusnet who was very understanding and proactive.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Whywee,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to read of the issues you have had as it does appear you had been let down based on your description of the issues you had seen recently. I apologise sincerely for the experience.

On checking your records here I can see you have had a discussion with us today and the issues are now resolved and your services are working. Thank you for keeping us updated here and also for your patience as these issues were put right.

If you need any further assistance, please do let us know.

Thanks - LF