Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another billing mess

FIXED
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Yet another billing mess

I have just found my delayed (by 2 weeks) June bill, though I was not notified of its existence - probably because it says I am nearly £160 in credit! Why so much in credit? My "line rental saver" payment (ref: #416078421) has been included as a "payment" resulting in a month's line rental charge. I had expected the June bill to include "corrections" to my May bill following a contract renewal at the beginning of May (which is why I didn't check my May bill). I also noticed that the 3 items which are "monthly" and independent of contract were not treated consistently: BT Sport was correctly shown as a single item but YouView and Line Rental were split at the contract change - another element of the billing system that does not comply with T&Cs.

When I rang to renew my broadband on 8 May (ref: #189959392), I requested that it should start on a specific date (ie immediately following the end of the then existing contract). However, I was told that was not possible, it had to start from the billing date - which I reluctantly accepted assuming it was a problem with the new billing system. However, it actually started immediately, so losing a few days of the (higher) discount of the existing contract.

This all means that the June bill is not only wrong but is also unnecessarily complicated, with 5 entries each for YouView and Unlimited Fibre (each having 2 charges and 2 refunds for May and 1 charge for June), 1 discount for June (missing out those for May, though there was no discount shown on the May bill for the contract period - another billing system error).

Obviously, this needs to be addressed.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Yet another billing mess

Fix

*scratches head frantically*

Hi Phil.

I'm sorry to see we've made a mess of your last two bills.

I've added a reply onto a support ticket which you can view and reply to from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=191482957

Regarding your line rental saver, unfortunately it looks like this payment has attributed as a credit on your account as opposed to a payment, so I've raised this with the appropriate team to investigate further.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf wrote:

*scratches head frantically*

Hi Phil.

Regarding your line rental saver, unfortunately it looks like this payment has attributed as a credit on your account as opposed to a payment, so I've raised this with the appropriate team to investigate further.

@Gandalf  This scenario where LRS is raised as a credit (and used as such) is a much repeated feature.  Does it have an IMT bug reference?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes it's logged internally on IMT-3121

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Gandalf - Anoush, thanks for taking charge of this and fixing the immediate problem promptly - much appreciated.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Phil, hopefully the issue with line rental saver will be sorted by your next bill date however if your account is still in credit you likely won't receive an email but I'll check your next invoice on or around then updating you via email.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet