cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly charged for line rental

FIXED
Laser1

Wrongly charged for line rental

I paid for 12 months Line Rental Saver in October 2020. A week or two ago I signed up for a new fixed price contract. My latest bill now shows £22.91 worth of line rental charges which should not be there because of the LRS. Disappointingly, the option for online chat problem resolution seems to have been removed, so if a staff member could please look into this it would save me a long wait on the phone. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Wrongly charged for line rental

@Laser1 wrote:

A week or two ago I signed up for a new fixed price contract.

Setting the main matter aside, Plusnet do not offer fixed price contracts any more - AFAIK all new contracts are subject to an annual increase.  It would be of some interest to understand why you think the new contract is fixed price ... you are not the first to indicate that you believe the price to be fixed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @Laser1 and welcome back to our community forums.

I'm sorry to see we've charged you line rental while you've had paid line rental saver.

I've reapplied line rental saver now for the remainder of the time you've bought this. I've also refunded the incorrect charges you'll see in your bank account either before or shortly after we take your payment.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Laser1

@Townman wrote:

Setting the main matter aside, Plusnet do not offer fixed price contracts any more - AFAIK all new contracts are subject to an annual increase.

Hi. Yes, I probably worded that badly. I should have used the phrase "fixed term" rather than "fixed price".

The new contracts are headlined as if they are fixed price (£x per month for y months) with a clause that says the price will increase periodically. I did realise that, but I can see why others may not have. It's a bit of questionable marketing that many ISPs seem to use now.

Graham-Davis
Hooked

Good evening, I have exactly the same issue, my line rental saver doesn't expire until 11 Feb 22 but I have been billed for line rental on renewal. Please could you apply the same fix for me?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Graham-Davis, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear it sounds like you've been charged incorrectly. I've looked into this for you and have taken steps to correct this for you with the ticket I've left on your account with the details that can be seen here.
If there's anyhting we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

Graham-Davis
Hooked

It would appear that I have again been charged line rental this month despite a refund for incorrect line rental billing last month. I have an active line rental saver. Could somebody please investigate and get back to me. Thank you.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Graham-Davis

Thanks a lot for reaching out again, and I'd like to apologise for the issues that we're having with your bill at the moment.

Though it remains unclear why, we've been unable to apply the monthly discount to your Line Rental component on the account. I've raised this matter with our Billing Operations Team and am now awaiting a further update on this.

In the meantime, I've processed a refund of £21.22 from your previous bill, which should take around 3-5 working days to arrive. If Billing Operations are unable to resolve the issue, we'll continuously apply a credit onto the account before your bill is generated to ensure that you're not charged for Line Rental until the month that your LRS was due to expire.

I'll be back in touch once I've had an update from Billing.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds