cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly charged for fictional techician visit

Teuchter
Hooked

Wrongly charged for fictional techician visit

So the line wnet down, no internet, no phone. Called Plusnet on my mobile and got a response after almost exactly an hour of hanging on. Usual tests, technician visit booked.

Technician turns up earler than appointment - good, eh? How wrong can you be: fault traced to 60 meters down the cable, i.e. not me. Technician turns up the following day with a colleague and a platform lift to replace faulty stretch of cable between two posts. Really good, eh? Still wrong: at the original appointed time another technician rings (because they *can* now the cable is mended) and I tell her that the fault has already been repaired by a colleague.

End of story, eh? No, no, no: Plusnet apply a charge because "I wasn't in for the appointment". "Help & Support" only know what they've been told by the technician's office and cannot Help or Support. I will be £50 down but oddly enough, that is the exact price iof undying enmity to Plusnet, BT and Openreach.

5 REPLIES 5
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Wrongly charged for fictional techician visit

Ask Plusnet to obtain a copy of the technicians notes regarding the conversation.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@Teuchter - Just taking a look at this for you now.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Don't see any problems with posting the engineers notes in full here for transparency:

I completed the ring ahead but there was no answer (voice me ssage left where ava ilable). I continued to progress to the end customer premises and the end customer confirmed line OK but refused access and line test.

It's up for debate, however I feel like I can see where we were coming when analysing the notes that came through. The engineer signed the fault off as a missed appointment rather than fault resolved.

I've got that written off for you anyway. Apologies for any hassle caused.

Teuchter
Hooked

Thank you, Matty. Faith in Plusnet restored at least.

What infuriated me was that the technician who rang at the appointed time actually spoke to me and I explained what had happened with the previous (very helpful) two technicians. This successful 23 second call, after days of one-second-long  dropped calls followed by no connection, is the evidence that contact was made on a now working line and absolutely not a 'no answer'. And 'voice message left where avalalble' is another outright lie - this would have kicked in after the usual Plusnet six rings, i.e. less than 23 seconds. In the case of a full scale legal dispute in the Small Claims Court a recording might need to be produced but the usual legal precept of what is 'reasonable' would no doubt kick in first.

I shall return to my corner, growling quietly.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It shouldn't have gotten to this stage to be fair, glad we've got it sorted though.