Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly charged. Still not sorted

clairecable
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Wrongly charged. Still not sorted

I’ve recently moved back to plusnet for broadband and landline. Got my first bill and it was £201.01!!!!! This is not what I signed up for! I signed up for a 12 month contract for unlimited fibre broadband and phone for £33.99 a month. On looking at the bill in more detail it looks like they’ve signed me up to 3 separate contracts! Two 18 month ones and a 12 month one, plus they’ve charged me an early termination fee 🤷‍♀️ Basically they’ve totally screwed up! I rang them straight up when I got the billing email and luckily the money hadn’t come out of my bank account so all they’ve done for now is put a stop on the direct debit and taken my bank account details off my account to ensure it doesn’t go through because clearly there’s been a mistake, but that’s it 🤷‍♀️ No more word so far which is pretty shocking! Half expecting my phone line/internet to get cut off next for non payment of bill! Has really put me off plusnet! Only moved to them to reduce my monthly bill, but now thinking it wasn’t worth all this stress!
10 REPLIES 10
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Wrongly charged. Still not sorted

Hey @clairecable

Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forum, and I'd like to sincerely apologise for the issues surrounding your first bill.

As my response to your query includes contractual information specific to your account, it cannot be shared vin the public domain. I've therefore sent an email to the address registered on the account with the relevant details. Please have a read and feel free to respond on her if you have any further questions.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
clairecable
Dabbler

This is appalling!!! Over a week now, still not sorted, now been threatened with being cut off unless I pay plusnet £201 WHICH I DO NOT OWE THEM!!! Seriously p**sed off this p**s poor customer service now and will be cancelling at the earliest opportunity! The download speeds are shockingly poor anyway compared to my previous provider. Wish I’d never moved to plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Chase status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

clairecable
Dabbler

Not helpful 😡😡
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Whilst as a user I cannot fix your issue, I can (and have) draw attention to it via the super user discussion board.

If you feel that is not helpful, I can withdraw the escalation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

clairecable
Dabbler

So you’re a forum user and therefore can’t even help me? Why even comment then? I don’t even know what a “super user discussion board” is. Clearly you’re about as helpful as plusnet themselves
clairecable
Dabbler

I ring plusnet, they don’t fix it. I do online chat, they don’t fix it. Complain on social media, they don’t fix it. I try on here again, guess what? Still not fixed! I’m not paying them £201 that I do not owe them it’s utterly shocking!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @clairecable 

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. I've added credits onto your account now to remove the incorrect charges, which should go through within 24-48 hours.

We'll follow things up as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clairecable
Dabbler

That’s not actually solved the issue though @Gandalf. All you’ve done is credited my account so theoretically the same will happen next month because some imbecile at plusnet has mistakenly signed me up for multiple contracts when I should clearly only be signed up for one! There’s no way I’m prepared to add my bank account details back onto my plusnet account until I have confirmation this is dealt with and that plusnet will not try to steal money from me again next month
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @clairecable

I'm sorry to see you feel that way and what you say is actually incorrect. The problem occurred due to a combination of agent and system error with activating your account, which shouldn't happen again.

I've updated the ticket 214562393 with additional details. I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet