cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong service added to Telephone account

Bjn
Grafter

Wrong service added to Telephone account

I asked for my telephone number to be with held when I telephone other people ie out going calls. The customer support guy said I needed anonymous call added to my account which I was lead to believe was required for what I need. I checked my account after the call to find that anonymous call was to block incoming calls which I did not want to receive and cost £4.00 per month which was never mentioned during conversation. I immediately called back and a very helpful lady in customer services understood what I required and put a request for anonymous call request not to  be added to my service and that I should not be charged as it was added by error. It took over 7 days for the service to be removed and I've been charged the £4.00 on my monthly bill on 16th Dec.
Tickets   #78410766  and   #78411003  explian what has happened since 11th Dec and I've had no reply since my last reply to both posts on 18th Dec requesting a refund for a service I never requested.
Any help/input from a Plusnet employee on this forum would be most welcome.
BTW the service I originally requested for to withhold my outgoing telephone number has been applied on 11th Dec and is still active and I wish to retain this service please.

many thanks in  advance for your help
Bjn
2 REPLIES 2
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Wrong service added to Telephone account

You learn something new every day! I didn't know there was an option to with- hold outgoing numbers other than adding 141 in front of the dialled number.
Bjn
Grafter

Re: Wrong service added to Telephone account

the only problem you have with withholding  your number permanently is that other user can have a setting on their account to reject withheld numbers. To get around this is to dial 1470 before you dial the telephone number and this allows your number to be viewed by the person you called on a one off bases.
BTW at 3.26pm by some coincidence a reply to  my ticket was posted saying that anonymous call removed from account and refund in progress.  Many thanks strange how posting in this forum gets a reply to a ticket one hour 3 minutes after posting.