cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong early termination charge

nisayasmin97

Wrong early termination charge

I’m am ending my contract with PlusNet 4 months early and have been told I’ll have to pay £60.75 to do so. This is despite the fact that when I signed up I was told the cancellation charge would only be £12. Even if this is £12 for every month out of contract this still wouldn’t add up to £60 so I don’t understand where PlusNet have got this figure from?! Have tried to call customer service but after 10minutes on hold I gave up.
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Wrong early termination charge

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Early Termination Charges are always specified as per month remaining of the contact's minimum term.

The termination quote provided is from the date you gave notice, not the date of termination.  Therefore if you give one month's notice of termination, the quote will be for 5 months, which at £12pcm is circa £60.  The few pence difference most likely comes from £12*12/365*the number of days to the end of the minimum term.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nisayasmin97

Hi Townman thanks for the reply! Surely if I’ve already paid for this month (which I did on 3rd June) I should only have to pay out the remaining months? My contract was due to end on 3rd October but I am opting to terminate on 21st June. Do correct me if my maths is wrong.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

As a customer I can only advise of the principles here - details specific to your account needs input from a staff member.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you've decided to cancel your account and your cancellation charge is incorrect. 

Unfortunately it looks like we've rounded things up due to your account cancelling partway during a billing month.

While I'd expect our billing engine to automatically calculate the final bill as I've done Here, I'm going to keep an eye on this for you and I'll check back once generated and if it's not correct I'll ensure it is by crediting the appropriate amount off.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet