Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong charges for landline rental

FIXED
davneg
Grafter

Wrong charges for landline rental

Hello!

Since last month ( July ) I have been charged the monthly landline rental ( £18.99 ) even though I already paid for the whole year in advance on 26th May. I called, raised the issue and I was refunded the extra charge ( see QuestionID 156573250 / Service Notice #329108818 ). I asked if this was likely to happen again and I was told 'no'. Unfortunately, this month ( August ) the same extra charge of £18.99 was applied.

Also, I saw a call charge of £0.68  in the August bill but it does not say what it is for and there is no reference to it in the phone itemised bill.

Last but not least I noticed that both in July and August I was charged £19.99 for broadband but I renewed the contract to keep the price at £14.99 until 2018.

It would be great if someone could please look into the matter or I will need to cancel the direct debit if you are unable to keep your invoice schedule under control.

Thanks,

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
mikej
Hooked

Re: Wrong charges for landline rental

Coincidentally, I also paid for a year up front via the Line Rental Saver at the start of July and have also been charged the normal monthly phone line rental fee on top !

I've tried a few times to get through on the phone and given up due to waiting times of over 30 minutes - the online chat option seems to be permanently unavailable too, so I haven't managed to make contact to sort this out yet.

davneg
Grafter

Ah - so I am not the only one...

@Plusnet_staff maybe you want to check with your Invoicing department...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sorry to hear you've both recently incurred line rental charges after paying for LRS.

@davneg - Looking over your account, I'm disappointed to see this wasn't corrected the first time you contacted us about this problem. Although I see a refund was issued for the erroneous payment at the time you initially reported this, the problem wasn't corrected and you continued to be billed incorrectly.

I've made sure that LRS is now actually active on your account and I've raised a ticket so I can monitor your in-flight payment to clear so I can ensure the erroneous line rental payment is refunded as soon as possible.

@mikej - It looks like the cause of the problem you've experienced was down to advisor error when they initially took a payment for LRS.

I've passed feedback on regarding this and have made sure LRS is also active on your account moving forward.

A refund has also now been issued for the line rental on your last invoice and this should be back in the account it was taken from within 10 working days.

I've also got a ticket on your account to refund the line rental payment on your invoice that is currently processing and will ensure this is refunded as soon as possible once the payment clears.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mikej
Hooked

Thanks, Harry Thumbs_Up

davneg
Grafter

Thanks @HarryB !

First time I raise an issue in the forum and I must say I am pleased how the experience turned out to be.

Do you happen to know anything about the other 2 points?

Also, I saw a call charge of £0.68  in the August bill but it does not say what it is for and there is no reference to it in the phone itemised bill.

Last but not least I noticed that both in July and August I was charged £19.99 for broadband but I renewed the contract to keep the price at £14.99 until 2018.

Tags (2)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Apologies, I completely overlooked that while looking in to the LRS issue.

davneg wrote:

When in the itemised phone bill, you'd need to ensure you're selecting the relevant billing period, as default it will show the current billing period, but if you go back to last months calls, it does show the £0.68. If you then click View details it will show you the calls in question.

davneg wrote:

While the cost of the fibre package still shows £19.99, the invoice also shows a special offer discount of £5, which brings it down to the offered discounted rate.

I hope this clears things up Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
davneg
Grafter

All clear - we'll wait for the refund confirmations to come through.

Enjoy your day!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems, let us know if there are any issues at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet