cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong charge for broadband

sc1945

Wrong charge for broadband

I signed up for the £2.75 a month unlimited offer, with line rental, for 12 months. My bill shows £9.99 a month for 24 months. What is going on? I also wanted to pay the line rental for a year  but the agent told me to wait.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Wrong charge for broadband

Hi, Sorry if there's been any confusion, however that offer is just for new customers I'm afraid. As you've upgraded to unlimited from an existing account the correct monthly price would be £9.99
Regarding the line rental saver offer, that can only be added the month after a monthly payment for line rental has been taken, with that in mind you should be able to do that now. Any problems with that just let us know.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you upgraded online you'll be stuck with that price. People ringing the Customer Options Team to discuss their options are frequently given better offers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

I also wanted to pay the line rental for a year  but the agent told me to wait
Sounds like they did the upgrade over the phone...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd assumed that at first, but the way Adam posted led me to believe otherwise (if they had done it by phone surely he'd of been checking what was agreed).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Crazy having to ask for a MAC code before you can negotiate a new deal anywhere close to the offer given to new customers, but this seems the way forward, everything driven by stats, i.e. got to hit x number of new customers this year. Sad 
sc1945

The second bit of Adams' reply makes no sense. No payment for line rental has been taken. I keep getting misleading advice. i would like to go back to the position I was in before I spoke to a customer service person.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi sc1945,
Sorry for the confusion here. Can I just be clear on what you've been offered?
Unlimited Broadband on a 24 Month Contract (£2.75 for 12 months & £9.99 for the following 12 months)
I assume the phone was your monthly Line Rental as opposed to the 12 Month Line Rental Saver that Adam was referring to?