Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong bill amount

FIXED
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Wrong bill amount

Hi, I went to pay my bill and it says £58.xx, My bill should be £44.99, I was billed on the 8th june, I have 14 days to pay, which brings it to the 21st [today] surley I have until the end of today to pay my bill.

I'm not paying, you cut off my internet at 4am. revert the bill to £44.99

You're not scamming me.

10 REPLIES 10
Menace65
Aspiring Pro

Re: Wrong bill amount

Wow you completely cut off my internet service, I have to use my mobile hotspot, just to post on here, it's going to cost me a fortune.

I'm very proud of you

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Menace65

I'm sorry to hear that your services have been restricted. We advise on sign up and in our terms and conditions that if you hit the 14th day of failed billing you will be restricted and receive a call barring and late payment fee charge. 

£7.55 Late Fee

£5.76 Call Barring Charge

You have 13 days to pay your bill as the 14th day is when additional charges are added. If you are unable to pay your bill until the 14th day we would advise clearing your bill and then request a change of billing date with our Customer services team. Alternatively, you can request a change of your billing date by going to: 

www.plus.net

Once you're in click 'bills and payments' and 'change bill date', this will present you with a calendar to choose your new date It's worth noting that the 1st of each month is not possible to select as a billing date, the earliest you 'll be able to choose is the 2nd.

Please be aware this is an invoice date change and the direct debit will come out around 5 working days after.

Please also be aware that adding further posts doesn't bump you up in the queue, it pushes you back further as we work from the oldest in the queue. 

Kind Regards

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

Nope

"After 14 days without payment we’ll add a failed payment charge of £7.50 as an administrations fee to your next invoice"

Please note the "After" NOT on the 14th day

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thank you for getting back to us @Menace65

We sent multiple notifications to yourself regarding your bill. One of which can be found here

The charges are applicable and will need to be paid as soon as possible as advised in our notifications. 

We're sorry that you have interpreted our agreement that you have until the end of the 14th day as this is not the case. 

Kind Regards

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

"Please also be aware that adding further posts doesn't bump you up in the queue, it pushes you back further as we work from the oldest in the queue."

Cop out, just admit you staff are useless, I'm tired of talking to monkeys, I want to talk to the organ grinder.

Tongue

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

Also when does the 14th day end at 4am, I'm in the UK, not india

I've also asked the staff, and tried myself to change my billing date to the 21st of each month, but can only change it, every four months. who came up with this idea, but saying that, it does take the staff a long time to digest requests.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

Charging me late payment fees on the 13th day is against the rules, I'm on the 14th day, I was billed on a saturday, not a working day. I've asked over and over again via the forum and on the phone to change my billing date. so I don't have to sit here, being stressed out, but it seems plusnet makes the rules up as they go along.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

OK you win, I've paid the bill this time, but I'll never understand how the 14th day ends at 4am!

I am unemployed, and need every penny, this has taken £15 out of my budget, I'll try and setup the next DD for the 21st of each month, I don't want to be here going off on one, there are some great people on here who help.

Sorry for my behaviour today, I was a little bit angry.

God bless

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Fix

Hi @Menace65, thank you for your response and I understand where you are coming from.

I have updated one of your account tickets, please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Good to hear that you got this sorted and being so gracious in recognising you could have conducted the discussion better. It takes a big person to admit that may have got things wrong - respect!!

Bills are due to be paid on the day they are raised. There is no such thing as 14 days grace - it is simply an interval of time to allow automated payment processes to complete before locking users out.

So long as there is no outstanding payment fine on your account and you are not within 5 days of the next bill, you can change your billing date ... so long as you have not done so within the last 4 months. Why are you finding a need to change it so often?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.