Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Contract

Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Wrong Contract

Hey there, 

My contract ended a couple of months ago and i called Plusnet to get a better deal. Basically i was gonna leave after 10 years of being a loyal customer because i found a better deal else where. However after phoning Plusnet we agreed a 2 year contract which was perfect, but that is not what i have been given. I was given a 2 year contract at more than double of what was agreed, which is what i was very unhappy about in the first place. I really don't see how this mistake can be made. 

I was told a manager would email today before 5pm, i'm still waiting. The manager had to listen to the original phone call. After being on chat online i was told to phone. So i phoned and found out that no notes or messages were placed on my account regarding this, even though i spoke to online chat twice. The gentleman i spoke to then told me that i now have to wait 48-72 hours for a reply. I hate being given the run around and would appreciate someone getting in touch with me. You have taken money that was not agreed to. Given me a contract that was not agreed and i have to do the chasing up? Please. I expect better of Plusnet. I'm sure you can sense the frustration and anger.

I always appreciate help and replies so thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Wrong Contract

Hi Bitemeh1980,

Thank you for getting in touch with us via our community forums. I have looked into this for you and listened to the call which you made to us on the 24/05/16 where you were looking for a new deal or possibly leaving. From listening to the call you were very happy with the offer in which the agent offered you as it was less than you were previously paying. As a result of this offer you asked about upgrading to fibre when it was ready in your area and the agent advised you on the processes of upgrading.

After this you agreed to the new 24 month contract at £21.98 per month and the terms and conditions were read to you for your new contract.

As for the agent in question you spoke to on on the 15/07/16, I have passed on feedback to there manager regarding the notes that were not left on your account.

Bitemeh1980
Grafter

What a load of absolute garbage. The agreed deal on the phone was 16.99 line rental and 2 pound per month broadband. It can clearly be heard in the phone call. Why come on her and lie I don't know but I wont be paying the same I was for the last 2 years. Doesn't make sense. Can someone else listen to the call please? I will not pay more. I will leave and cancel all payments via bank because I know EXACTLY what the phone call said. I'm stunned at the lies from plusnet to a customer who has been with you over 10 years.
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

And yes I was happy with offer made because like I said he offered me 16.99 line rental and 2 for broadband. Had you listened to the call you would have heard this. I wonder if the call was actually listened to...
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've just listened to both of the calls you made to us on 24/05/16.

On the first call, the advisor offered a discount down from the standard (Market 1 area) cost of £16.99 to £10.

On the second call you explain that you're disappointed and angry that we'd offered a dearer package than you were already on (I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that the discount offered wasn't as high as the previous discount. Although it was still cheaper than the standard cost that you would have been on). The advisor then does offer broadband for £4.99 per month on a 24 month contract. (To be specific, this was 3 minutes in to the conversation)

There was some joking around with the advisor saying "You can pay more if you want" he then advised the total cost would be £21.98 and you then went on to ask if he'd knock the 98p off.

The broadband was not offered for £2 per month at any point during either of these calls made on 24/05/16.

I am sorry this is not the response you're hoping for, however having double checked what Ben had already advised, I can confirm that what Ben has advised is correct.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

I think I shall need to listen to the call myself. Yes I remember the joke about that 98 pence but but the price wasn't as high as 21.98.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Bitemeh1980 wrote:
but but the price wasn't as high as 21.98.

Having listened to the call, I can assure you that unfortunately, it was.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet