cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would not let me renew Line Rental Saver and now price gone up!!?

NS1
Hooked

Would not let me renew Line Rental Saver and now price gone up!!?

I renewed my broadband with yourselves yesterday on the basis of the price and with a further annual line rental to be added.

Having renewed the broadband for 18 months, I went in from your renewal email to add another 12 months line rental and it would not let me (price £16.49 per month for 12 months) due to system constraints at your end apparently

As requested, I checked again multiple times and it kept telling me to come back later

I went in this morning and it will let me renew the line rental for another year BUT the price has increased to £17.49 per month

Please tell me why you have done this and how I can renew at previous offered price of £16.49 per month

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Would not let me renew Line Rental Saver and now price gone up!!?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@NS1 

How old is your LRS renewal email? I think that the price went up to £17.49x12 about the end of last year.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

NS1
Hooked

The email is in last month but more importantly when I checked the price for another year yesterday (before renewing and having logged in) it showed £16.49 per month total £197.88 

I took a screen shot of it and printed it out as well

So, this lower price was showing yesterday!

Once I had agreed renewal of broadband would not then let me renew line rental!

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@NS1 

But, if you were on a fixed price contract before the price increases on 3 December 2019 then the renewal LRS price should be the same as that before the increase (I have seen Plusnet staff posts confirming this and have also had confirmation on a ticket on my account dealing with billing issues). That is what fixed price means.

The reason that the system would not let you renew LRS was that by recontracting you started a process to change something on your account and Plusnet's systems can only cope with one change at a time. You needed to renew LRS before you recontracted as the LRS renewal is completed "instantly" (although the new 12 month term starts on the completion of the existing term) whereas the new contract change only completes on your next billing date! Clear as mud!

If you were eligible for LRS at the old price and were trying to renew before the old LRS ended then Plusnet might honour that but with the present crisis it might take some time to sort things out. They are currently prioritising dealing with customers who have service issue (faults etc.)

NS1
Hooked

Thanks JGB

Yes I should probably have taken 12 months line rental before renewing broadband but you cannot exit a 12 month line rental as easily as a new broadband contract so thought this would be best order (although did them immediately one after the other) and did not realise price would suddenly go up!

The price of the line annual rental was a factor in deciding to stay with Plusnet so feel a little conned at the moment!

NS1
Hooked

Hi Plusnet

We are now a week on from this. Could you please advise

Thanks

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@NS1 I have looked into this and responded on your account here. We had a price changed for new contracts on Line Rental are now £19.99 per month, so Line Rental Saver is £19.99 x 12 and then - the £30.00 saving to get the £209.88 annual charge.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
NS1
Hooked

I am afraid you are not answering the very question I asked

When considering if I should stay with plusnet I viewed thew renweal prices (and printed them out)

They stated £x fibre broadband and £16.49 per month if I renewed the line rental (the price was shown on the screen when I logged in)

I renewed the broadband on that basis with a view to immediately also extending the Line rental at that price

I renewed the broadband and immediately was told I could not renew the line rental due to a system issue? and to return later

I viewed many more times and the following day it would allow me to renew the line rental on the higher price.

This was not what I was viewing when making my decision on renewing (i have the print out at £16.49 per month £197.88 per year!!)

As such it appears Plusnet have told me one price but when I go to take it up have increased the price which would appear to be a mistake at the time until your response which states it is your intention!!

This is not acceptable and I would ask you again to review my complaint (I would like to register as a formal complaint please)

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @NS1, sorry to hear this. I've replied to you via email. If you'd like to get back to me there or drop me a PM I can get this sorted for you. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team