cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I become liable to monthly charge for different phone provider?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Would I become liable to monthly charge for different phone provider?

I have been with PN for a number of years prior to the introduction of  other phone provider monthly charge, so do not suffer it. Would upgrading to FTTC from my ADSL 2+ make me liable for the charge? Does anybody know?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Would I become liable to monthly charge for different phone provider?

Yes, of course you would pay the slightly higher broadband prices for not paying line rental to Plusnet.

Luzern
Hero

As I paid BT a year's rental expiring August that's a pity!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @Luzern

As @ejs mentioned in there post you would be charged the higher price when upgrading on to fibre but when it comes round in August you should have a look at what we can do all together for you because it will probably work out cheaper overall.

Luzern
Hero

@BenB

Thanks! BTW can you tell me, why, when BTw checker for my cab says "waiting list", PN say "not available"?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We're only able to initially place a fibre order when it shows as available using the www.dslchecker.bt.com

If we place the order and then capacity is reached whilst the order is in progress, then I believe it would go onto the waiting list.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button