cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth renewing line saver ?

RudiTapper

Worth renewing line saver ?

It’s due mid November but my 24 month £15.99 a month fibre extra contract ends in January. I’m unsure whether to renew line saver or would I be better letting it expire and getting monthly line rental in with broadband when renewing contract ?

Any help appreciated !

5 REPLIES 5
yossarian74
Dabbler

Re: Worth renewing line saver ?

Although providers now show the combined cost of line rental and broadband in their marketing, Plusnet still show the two amounts separately on their bills so nothing has really changed.

Where I have negotiated a discount for signing up to a new 18 month contract this discount has always been taken off the broadband element of the bill, rather than the line rental, so there is still a saving to be made with line rental saver.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

If you renew the line saver then what incentive do Plusnet have to give you a good deal on broadband in January? They know they have you locked in so can offer you a worse deal.

Personally I would wait and pay that little bit extra for 2 to 3 months and then negotiate a deal in the new year or move elsewhere at the end of January.

The January sales by ISPs maybe worth waiting for, who knows.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
yossarian74
Dabbler

Yes, I let my LRS lapse for a few months for exactly that reason, then renewed it once I'd started my new contract.

1110juliet
Hooked

Almost same situation, 12 month line rental saver expiring but signed up to 18 month fibre, can't seem to find out how much monthly line rental is, so that I can align package.  Any ideas please?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@1110juliet

Welcome to the forums.

From https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/package-guides/phone  - the section marked "Here's the legal bit"

Our home phone service

Our line rental costs £18.99 a month or £16.49 monthly equivalent if you pay 12 months in advance (Line only as standard - calls to Plusnet Support and other Plusnet phone customers included).

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT