cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worrying about what happen to my case prematurely referred to the debt collection agency

megumi615

Worrying about what happen to my case prematurely referred to the debt collection agency

I recently closed the account and received the email from Plustnet on 12th April 2021 which requested me to pay £144.37 within the next 14 days. I contacted them and tried to make a payment via the payment link they sent me on 16th April. My bank statement showed that the payment was hold at that time but I assumed that it would be deducted soon.

Again Plusnet reached me to warn me they had not received the payment. I contacted Plusent to try and make a payment again on 26th April 2021, which is the last day of 14days period, they told me they had already referred my case to the debt collection agency! It's totally their fault...14 days have not yet passed and I did made a payment via their link more than a week ago!!!

They told me they could remove my case from the debt collection agency and I can make a payment directly to Plusnet once they get the case back. But I read many nightmare experience here and now I'm extremely worried what would happen to my case...

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Did you manage to get the case back and directly pay to Plusnet without being charged? Was your credit score affected by it? How long did it take?

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Worrying about what happen to my case prematurely referred to the debt collection agency

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Worrying about what happen to my case prematurely referred to the debt collection agency

@megumi615 

People don’t seem to realise that within 14 days of say the 12th of a month means on the 25th of the month at the latest, you have to count the day when the email was sent, this is the first day. The 26th is not within 14 days, it is the 14th day, by which time the automatic debt collection process has started.

Hope you get this resolved. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

megumi615

But I did attempted to make a payment on 16th and Plusnet promised it was a mistake and they will get the case back. I recorded the conversation with the customer support.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@megumi615 

I’m not defending Plusnet’s billing system, which appears to many to be totally unacceptable. I am explaining why I think that it has been transferred to the debt collectors.

I agree that this is totally unacceptable. I would raise a formal complaint, see https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/. If this is not resolved without delay I suggest that you move on to complaining to Ofcom.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

megumi615

Thank you, I just called plusnet now and they again confimed they would recall the case as I contacted plusnet several times during 14days period. I will wait for them to contact me.