cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderful start /sarcasm off

Hiijinx
Dabbler

Wonderful start /sarcasm off

Well not the start I was expecting to say the least.
Reluctantly migrating from the HMS Titanic Bethere I had hoped Plusnet were the best of the 3 choices I had (BT, Plusnet of Sky) I decided on the smallest of the three, despite it still being a BT company.
Firstly on the agreed upon connection day and many hours wasted - the BT engineer never showed up.
After a phone call to Plusnet I immediately felt a small sense of relief with the English call center and friendly service - I was told that they would look into it and phone me back in a few minutes. Brilliant!
An hour later...
Still no word from Plusnet, wondering it perhaps the girl I spoke to had clocked off I decided to phone back and check again. Different adviser - told me that they had tried to contact BT but they had closed for the day - fair enough, but a phone call/email would have been nice. I was told that they would put a "priority tag" on my ticket and assured that they would phone BT first thing in the morning - and would be in touch soon after. So I clarified with him, that I would 100% hear back from Plusnet, but not necessarily BT - thats correct he says.
Next day (today) ...
12 o clock - still no word from Plusnet, so I decided to chase it up again. 30 mins of horribly distorted music later I got through to someone who proceeded to transfer me to the activation team.
< Call drops midway through more cheesy music>  /bangs head on table
Redial - yet more music and another adviser - I explain the situation again. He looks into it and says yes, it has been logged but since the "system is down" /bangs head on table again ... they were unable to check on the status and would need to phone BT directly.  / You haven't phoned them yet?!  But am left with the words "someone will certainly be in touch with you later today - we do have a lot of tickets to go through but will put a chaser tag on it for you.
Growing weary of these false promises, I decide to attempt phoning BT myself - but surprise surprise - they cannot/will not help me as I did not make the appointment!
Oh and guess what? Plusnet never phoned back.  Roll_eyes
So 2 days of new award winning high speed fibre optic broadband - I am yet to experience it at all with absolutely no news on why the engineer didn't call and how long I am going to be waiting for them to finally show up!
We'll do yourproud head in
2 REPLIES 2
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Wonderful start /sarcasm off

No help, but be aware that the BTOR engineer is out of the control of PN (or BT Retail).
If you check on here you will see that there are several threads where the BTOR people haven't turned up, and PN have been blamed for the lack of response.
My own experience has be fine, but with the increased pressure on BTOR they seem to be failing more often.
I know that it is annoying waiting for someone to appear that doesn't, and if you have had to take a day's holiday then it is costly as well.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wonderful start /sarcasm off

Hi Hiijinx,
I'm really sorry about the lack of contacts, though checking your account it seems our provisioning team have arranged for this to be expedited for you - they're waiting on a new tentative date from our suppliers, at which point they'll call up to arrange the expedite and get you the earliest possible date for a replacement appointment. I'll nudge them this morning to chase that for you, as soon as we know what dates are involved we'll give you a call to discuss this with you.
Hope we get it sorted as quickly as possible, and once again I'm sorry for how this has happened.