Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing to leave +net..

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wishing to leave +net..

Hi there,
Your account is currently active as of around 2pm yesterday, though it has been reactivated - really sorry it was closed like that. If the move is complete (looks like it is) and you still want to, I'll happily make it a PAYG account for you now?
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi Matt, looks like you have made it PAYG so thank you for that, much appreciated. Oh just tested my e-mail and it got bounced back, any reason for that?
EDIT: I can see why, looks like both of our e-mail boxes got deleted, I have reset them up and they are able to send/recieve again, guess that we've lost any mail sent in the last few day though.
Chris
FastJan
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We use the 5 day period as a means of ensuring we get to talk to our customers who are asking to cancel. As I've mentioned in another post already today we can't stop you from leaving if your mind is made up but we are interested to find out why you want to leave and if there is anything at all we can do to change your mind. I'm sorry I can't push through the MAC key any quicker but you will get it within the 5 day lead time.

But I did speak to an advisor when I rang to cancel, and I politely refused any deals offered (I'm leaving due to redundancy and having to cost cut by consolidating 2 phone lines into one package which Plusnet can't offer me for the same price as a competitor, agreed by the CS guy I spoke to) - so why do I still have to wait 7 days (5 working days + W/E) when I have already spoken to someone?
Should I rant and rave instead of being polite? Would that get me my MAC quicker? I'm in a position where I need to sort things out now - not next week.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm sorry but we only accept cancellations via phone or letter.
If you go for the latter option we'll start the notice period from the date the letter is sent.

How does that work? Letters may take more than 5 days to reach you!
If it is possible to get a MAC without first  talking to anyone (by sending a letter) it should be possible to do so by making the request online.
(When I moved from BT to PN a few years ago  I had to ring up but, after I declined its attempts to keep me as a customer, BT issued a MAC during the same phone call.  I had to rummage around to find a working pen to take down the MAC as I had not expected an instant response.)
James
Grafter

Afaik, it's from the point at which we receive the letter - we date stamp them as we scan them onto the customer account.
Like you say, it could take us 5 day to just receive the letter!
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi James, I just can't help getting involved in this debate....
If PlusNet recognise that it could take snail mail up to 5 days to reach you, WHY oh WHY can;t you take the request by Ticket and save you the trouble of manual handling of the Letter and having to scan it into the System.
This is an outrageous policy mandated by your Directors and I am truly sorry for the front line staff who have to defend it. You act like the J****as W******es who invade my pricacy just because I open the door .... or in PlusNet's case, Phone in for a MAC. You don't have the RIGHT to discus WHY we want to leave.
p.s. I still loves ya Baby! Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We wouldn't advise sending a letter if we know someone is after a MAC key urgently. Phone is always the best way for this.
FastJan, I'll flag your post to the cancellations team but I'm afraid I can't promise to get your MAC key to you any quicker than already mentioned.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
This is an outrageous policy mandated by your Directors and I am truly sorry for the front line staff who have to defend it. You act like the J****as W******es who invade my pricacy just because I open the door .... or in PlusNet's case, Phone in for a MAC. You don't have the RIGHT to discus WHY we want to leave.

If you feel that strongly about it Robin, I would suggest speaking with Ofcom, whose regulations we are conforming to.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi James,
To quote that famed philosopher Mr. Bumble: "If the law supposes that, then the law is a ass, a idiot!"
I do feel that strongly about it and would further accuse PlusNet of detering a callers to the Cancellations line by playing the spurious message that the waiting time is in excess of 20 minutes when in fact, it is only ~ 4 minutes. Under current regulations, it may be PlusNet's right to act in this way but I want you to know how strongly this placid customer feels about the Policy.
I am now free of this shackle and will leave it to Jelv and others to chase you down. I am now full of the joys of Spring and am off to the Sun this afternoon to avail myself of some Salt Water and Silica Crystal therapy.  My shiny new BT Home Hub 3 is broadcasting Openzone and FON and I am fully set up to use Roaming access for free. Oh the joys of a new toy!
Best regards, R
James
Grafter

I'm aware of your feeling Smiley
Btw - We only add that message when we do have a long queue, however there are times when the queues drop considerably and it may take us a bit of time to get the message updated.  It's not an intentional thing - we'd rather that customers didn't have to call us back.
RicardoLFC

Hi there.  I'm moving my 'phone, TV and broadband over to VirginMedia in a few days time and would like to know how I go about cancelling my PlusNet broadband.  Is there a help page to which you can point me?  Specifically I need to know about payment and default costs (I'm on a monthly plan, next payment due 17th April), what I can do about the emails stored on your servers and if there have been any problems specific to VirginMedia/PlusNet changeovers.
Thanks in advance and it's a shame to leave the fold after such a long time (especially as WebMail has started working at a decent pace again after a year of frustration).
barquerole
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
If you feel that strongly about it Robin, I would suggest speaking with Ofcom, whose regulations we are conforming to.

That's a disingenuous way of putting it, because under Ofcom rules, Plusnet could also supply a customer with a MAC code on email request, as do ISPs such as Zen, IDnet and Newnet.
The reality is that Plusnet - not Ofcom - choose to force the customer through this arduous process, as both a deterrent and a last stab at  retention.
Ofcom rules state that "The retail broadband provider must provide two different ways to obtain a MAC (e.g. by phone, by post, by website form)"
Why no web form, then?
James
Grafter

Yep - Absolutely correct.  We could do.
However, we elect to use phone and post as this tends to allow us a better chance of talking to the customer before they leave.  In a high proportion of cases, the customer as a result, elects to stay with us.
We found previously that we weren't able to "save" as many customer when these requests were being made by ticket.
johpal
Grafter

@Jameseh
I tried to telephone PN for a MAC and on 3 occasions (from a mobile phone; personal calls not permitted from work) hung up after more than 20 minutes waiting. By the time I wrote the letter requesting my MAC, PN was beyond redemption If you had even tried to retain me as a customer, I would have laughed in your face!
barquerole
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Yep - Absolutely correct.  We could do.
However, we elect to use phone and post as this tends to allow us a better chance of talking to the customer before they leave.  In a high proportion of cases, the customer as a result, elects to stay with us.
We found previously that we weren't able to "save" as many customer when these requests were being made by ticket.

Well, that's a very honest admission, but one has to question why they want to leave in the first place.