cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will someone please, please turn me on!

Tiptop

Will someone please, please turn me on!

On 11/12/13 my phone and broadband were to be activated after a house move. On the date in question I had my phone activated.....hurray! Now today 19/12/13 I still do not have any broadband. I have telephoned and waited and spoke to some very nice people who in turn passed the buck (me) to someone else (Daniel) who had assured me it would be on in just 20 minutes but no, no little green light on my router saying broadband has been activated and still I wait.
  Come on plusnet I KNOW this is not like you I have been with you for some years switch me on please!
Meant with a little wry smile and true Yorkshire determination.
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Will someone please, please turn me on!

I'm assuming this is ADSL not fibre. Does the router actually sync with the exchange (broadband light solid green) so it is just the internet light that is missing? Activating your connection will affect only the latter.
David
Tiptop

Thank you for your posting spraxyt,it is the broadband light that is not on so obviously the internet light will not come on.there is no broadband so it would appearas you say  the router is not synching with the exchange. Also it is adsl and not fibre
Thanks again regards
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

No sync could mean BT have yet to complete the order - did the agent check whether the order was flagged by BT as "complete"?
David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.
The order has completed so we need to start looking at this as a fault now
If possible can you go through our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net or give us a call and we can try to get this sorted for you
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tiptop

Hi spraxyt thank you for your replies it would appear that Mathew Wheeler (plusnet staff) has come up with there could be a possible fault so thank you for your postings.
Mathew I will do as you say and again phone plusnet and wait the obligatory time to speak to someone to get my broadband connected.
Thank you
Tiptop

And the story continues.....
Having tried the faults troubleshooter as Mathew suggested I had a msg to say there is trouble with the trouble shooter I.e. It's broken! But the msg goes on "don't worry" our faults team will investigate and get back to you aiming to contact me within 24hours, that was 12.33 on Friday 20/12/13. Since then nothing I have been patient giving plusnet the weekend and more just to switch me on. I imagine when the date arrives for the monies to be removed from my bank to help you run plusnet you won't take as long!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, looks like this has been picked up for you and it's all sorted? Certainly hoping that's the case, please let us know if not and we'll carry on with the investigation.