cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Plusnet send fibre router before engineer visit?

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Will Plusnet send fibre router before engineer visit?

I am due to have fibre broadband installed on the 5th november, but since I asked to update my package from Value Broadband to Fibre Value Broadband I had no more feedbacks about it, except for the engineer being definitively booked for the 5th.
I will need to get the router by thursday next week to be able to organise a redelivery for saturday 3rd, as I am working all week and no one will be home to receive the router.
Unless Plusnet can organise a saturday delivery on their side, never mind if the postage costs a bit more for it, as long as I got the router for monday morning.
I don't know how long, before the engineer visit, they suppose to send the router, I have heard nothing since the 8th october.
Ok, I can still change my mind (which I won't), but things can happen, like the package being delivered late or lost, and Plusnet seem to leave it till the last minute.
I suppose the engineer need the router to make sure that my connection works? And I don't really want to stay without internet connection neither.
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Will Plusnet send fibre router before engineer visit?

Hi there,
The router will be shipped out to you prior to your installation, this is an automated system process that would mean you would normally receive the router a few days prior to your install. However I have dispatched the router today to give you peace of mind, you should receive it early next week.
The router itself will fit through a standard size letterbox so providing you have a letterbox you will not need to wait in for it.
I hope this helps.
Chris
Lolaan
Rising Star

Thanks Chris, this is much appreciated.
The router itself will fit through a standard size letterbox so providing you have a letterbox you will not need to wait in for it.

That was said for the Thomson router I have now, and I have a standard letterbox, but the postman still didn't put it through the letterbox,  I just had the red card, and had to ask for a redelivery.
Lolaan
Rising Star

Shocked WOW!! That was quick!
Has Plusnet acquired a transporter that we wouldn't know about?
The router was just delivered now. From 13:06 to 11:10 this should be a new record.  Grin
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Stopwatch STOP!  Smiley
Excellent, that was very quick!
You should be all set for your installation now Smiley
NedLudd
Grafter

I have three relatively new doors fitted with 'Standard' letterboxes and the router would not fit through any of them!
Geoff,
York.