Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Plusnet cancel my order?

stef1989
Grafter

Will Plusnet cancel my order?

Hi,
I signed upto Plusnet on the 1st September. I have the 22nd, 23rd or 24th as an installation date.
I'm currently with Virgin (through their National line) but i can't cancel until the 15th September (without paying cancellation fees).
I have had texts since i ordered from Plusnet and a voicemail earlier on today.
The text today said that my order has been put on hold for the next 48 hours. What does this mean exactly?
I'm not wanting to cancel this account and i refuse to pay Virgins £45 fee for cancelling a few days early.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Will Plusnet cancel my order?

Good morning stef1989,
In your circumstance, Virgin Media are operating on a BT line. Because of this, we would need you to receive a MAC key from them in order for us to be able to place an order and secure a date.
You will be completely fine to supply the MAC key after the 15th, and we will not cancel your orders or anything of the like. However, one issue that we may encounter is that we may not be able to secure the initial engineer dates that were first requested.
Hopefully this is ok with you.
Thanks,
Matty.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Will Plusnet cancel my order?

If Virgin are sensible and treat the request for a MAC as a notice of intention to leave at some time in the future and then use the actual transfer date as the actual date of termination then you should be OK to get the MAC immediately. You need to talk to Virgin.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)