Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Plus Net Charge Me When I Change To Unlimited

russky89
Dabbler

Will Plus Net Charge Me When I Change To Unlimited

Hiya folks
After finding out that I can now switch to an unlimited policy (happy days Cheesy ), I am wondering if the company will charge me the bill for the broadband pack fee + line rental as soon as I am finished with the switchover to unlimited.
The reason I am asking this is because I have foolishly overspent quite a bit on the 60GB data policy (£20) and it's given my wallet a bit of a beating and I'm only a day away until I get billed for last month's amount.
Thanks.
PS: My phone exchange will be upgraded later on this year. Once the work is completed, will my existing connection speed increase automatically? Cheers again. Smiley
Edited a little bit. Thought I wasn't explaining myself clearly enough.
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Will Plus Net Charge Me When I Change To Unlimited

as an existing customer there shouldn't be any charges to switch product.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
russky89
Dabbler

So I'm assuming that I will be charged the new amount the next month as opposed to paying it all as soon as I switch?
Don't mean to go on like this, but I'm just cautious when it comes to money and need a little clarification before I start pressing buttons.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Your account will change on the next billing date and you will be charged that day, not before.
If you take line rental saver, which is separate to your broadband package, then that will be charged there and then.
But you can switch to unlimited now in readiness for your next billing date and then the line rental saver when funds are available.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Any current 'over data' charges are payable on next billing date, regardless of whether there has been an account change. Unfortunately you can't get a way around paying the fees, sad though it is especially when it's £20 worth.
But as Dvorak has said, there's no charge to change to the unlimited product.
That's RPM to you!!
asumptaparker

Hello, I'm new to using the forums and couldn't work out how to ask a question and this thread looked most like the one  that matched my question the most, I hope someone here can help me.
I am an existing customer and have just switched to the unlimited broadband package on line.  At the end of the process it said Thank you and that changes will take effect after my next bill.  However I never received a confirmation email.  Is this normal, has my order gone through or should I have received confirmation of some sort?
Thank you to anyone who can help me with this, it's much appreciated!  Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum asumptaparker Smiley
Have a look at your closed 'questions' here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The lack of confirmation email is something we know about (and want to change).
I've checked your account and the change is set to go ahead on your next billing date. Let us know if you've got any other questions.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
asumptaparker

That's great plusnet, it's put my mind at rest... I'm not brilliant with computers so just wanted to check it had all gone through.
Thanks alot!  Smiley