cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I have to pay a cessation charge when I move out of my rented home?

wivenhoe6
Grafter

Will I have to pay a cessation charge when I move out of my rented home?

Hi all

My tenancy is due to complete at the end of May.

My account states that a £30.00 charge is activated (upon cancellation).

My 12 month contract with PlusNet expires at the end of May (& will roll over until I cancel).

If I cancel the phone line & broadband after the years contract is up, will I still have to pay the £30 cessation charge?

Will I have to pay any other charges for cancelling?

Many thanks

Tony

8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Will I have to pay a cessation charge when I move out of my rented home?

We can cover the charge for cessation if you fancy staying with us when moving to your new place.

Otherwise, the charge would stand.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
wivenhoe6
Grafter

How would it work if the new tenants decide to go with PlusNet?

I'm assuming my account will be closed and the phone line stopped (thus £30 fee).

How long would they have to wait until they get their own phoneline & internet?

Would it be quicker for them to remain with PlusNet or would it make no difference?

Thanks again

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

If the new tenants decided to go with us they'd have to sign up a new account and then we'd handle it like a normal transfer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wivenhoe6
Grafter

It is a house let to students and those taking over the tenancy are moving into a house for the first time so I am trying my best to give them a hand. They are keen to start their own contract with PlusNet as I have recommended the services. They wondered if I stopped the service when my contract ends on the 26th May & they signed up on that day, would it be the usual few days until their phone line & broadband is ready to use?

Thanks again.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If you stopped the services, we'd need to restart the line (Around 1 working day) and then get broadband back on the line. Usually around 4-5 working days for ADSL or minimum 5 working days (dependant on engineer availability for work at the cab) for FTTC.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wivenhoe6
Grafter

Thank you. All very helpful as usual.

Would I be able to donate my PlusNet router to them to use with their new account?

When is the earliest that they would be able to contact PlusNet to set up their own account? Would they need to wait until my contract has ended?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there.

They would be able to use your Plusnet router, however they would need to manually configure it with their new broadband username/password. It's a fairly straightforward process, though.

Once your line is stopped, broadband service is ceased and the account is closed, they would then be able to signup as a new customer and automation would place new orders with our suppliers to the timescales as advised by Harry.

Hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wivenhoe6
Grafter

Brilliant. Thank you very much.