cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wasn't a bill generated on 9th February?

C-A-W
Grafter

Why wasn't a bill generated on 9th February?

Hi! My father has recently passed away, and on 6th Feb I arranged for his telephone/broadband account to be transferred into my name so that my mother could continue to use the service.

A bill was supposed to be generated on 9th February, but I haven't been notified by email and when I log into my account, there is no sign of a bill having been created.

Has something gone wrong in transferring the account? I am worried that there are currently no payment details on the account - I tried to update them on 7th Feb but that didn't seem to work, and every time I've tried since it has told me to wait 24 hours before trying again. I phoned customer support on 9th Feb and I was told to wait until the bill was generated and then pay by phone, but without the bill I don't know what else I can do?

36 REPLIES 36
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Why wasn't a bill generated on 9th February?

Hi @C-A-W

Please accept my condolences. 

Without giving away any account specific info - it looks like the transfer to your mothers name has happened and the account holder info has been updated to reflect this change. 

In regards to the billing side of this, i'm in contact with a billing agent to see if anything at all has gone wrong. 

As soon as I get an update I shall add to this thread. 

Kind Regards,

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @C-A-W 

I received an update quicker than expected. 

The account itself is caught up in a known issue which is affecting a small number of account billing components. 

Our Incident Team are working on this already and once we have a fix in place we shall be contacting the affected accounts and updating them on how we are going to progress forward. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @smiffy1 

AFAIK we are contacting the affected accounts as they are fixed. This may not be in the order that they were raised to us or added to the open IMT. 

I've seen the other thread an i do sympathize with the OP, but as has been said on there by my colleagues - at the moment there is little more we can advise. I wish there was as this all sounds very akin to "'dunno Guv", but I'm afraid I really don't have any more information right now. 

In regards to @C-A-W, I'll check up on this in a day or two and see if there is any update that I can personally give on this thread. 

Thanks,

MoR

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you for looking into this @MasterOfReality - you have been able to give me at least a partial explanation, which is more than your colleagues on chat or phone support were able to do. Hopefully my elderly mother's phone will be not be cut off without warning. 

C-A-W
Grafter

I've just had a phonecall telling me that I hadn't paid my bill, so I've logged in and the bill was there and I've paid it so fingers crossed this is now resolved.

C-A-W
Grafter

I spoke too soon. 

I posted a different thread to ask why my router wouldn't connect. I have been told that there were restrictions placed on the account because the bill payment had failed (and than you to @MasterOfReality for hopefully lifting those). I am very upset because I had no way of paying the bill on the due date because it hadn't been generated, and there was no notification that the broadband would be restricted. I spoke to customer services twice last week, on chat and phone, to try to update the payment details on the account, and I was told to wait for the bill and pay it when it was ready.

I received a phone call at 10pm last night to say that the bill was overdue. I tried to pay the bill immediately through the web portal using my credit card, and the payment is showing as pending on my credit card account, but my Plusnet account is still showing that payment is outstanding.

What more can I do? If I try to pay again I'll probably be double charged.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

From reviewing your account I can't see any payment's that have made it through to us.

It may be worth contacting your bank to see if they can return the money to you and then you can attempt it again

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

I went to try to pay the bill with a different card. Now I can't access the billing page at all. 

C-A-W
Grafter

Now the page is showing but with no information. Is this the same error that I was told about before? Now what do I do?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

In this case I'd recommend calling us to make a payment

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you. Your billing system seems so flaky today it doesn't seem worth spending even more time on the phone to try to pay a bill that as far as I know I've already paid. I'll give it a day and see if it sorts itself out.  

C-A-W
Grafter

OK, I've checked my credit card account and it looks as if the payment authorised on 12 February has now been taken by Plusnet so I think my plusnet account is now up to date. I can see bills again and there are no 'make payment' flags on my account page, but I still can't see the 12th Feb payment in the list of payments so I am not 100% sure.

Please could someone check my account and confirm to me that it is now up to date and any restrictions imposed have been removed.