Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was I charged for router???

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why was I charged for router???

I got an email this morning telling me this :
We've received your payment for the initial broadband fee, thank you.
Initial fee: £86.99
This is your first month's subscription, along with any applicable
hardware and P&P charges.
I wanted to upgrade my dialup to broadband value, stating this :
First 3 months free^
10GB usage allowance
Up to 20Mb speeds1
Free wireless router worth £40
No-contract option
Save money by recommending friends
Following the ticket I've opened, I understand that you had to create a temporary Broadband Your Way just to place my order, which will be changed to broadband value when my order completes.
Will I be charged those £86 or is part of the initial order process and won't be charged this amount (even the prices don't match with the value broadband, I was charged for the router which I shouldn't be as I suppose to have a 12 months contract, and the initial activation fee shows as £40 gross, when the activation fee for broadband value supposed to be £25.
Even the postage and packaging cost is more expensive on the invoice, they charge £6.99 instead of the £4.99 mentioned in the email I received.
They even charged twice the VAT at 17.5 from the starting price, once for each item, and once more on the total.
This transaction shows in my list of recent payments in my account, so is it more likely that I am definitively charged for that amount?
And don't I suppose to have 3 months free? So why the email seems to imply that the payable fees include the first month subscription?
Something is not right somewhere.
can someone clarify this? I nearly had a heart attack this morning when I read the email.
I have a new account that is created with the new broadband account and a new email address. I have 2 domain names with my old dialup account, one of them is my main email address, will there be a problem with my email account when I move to broadband? I would like to keep using my domain name as my email address.

4 REPLIES 4
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Why was I charged for router???

I'll have a look for you...
Edit: Sorry about that. I have raised problem 62973 due to the incorrect charges and refunded the difference (£57) which will show in your account in 1-3 days. I have requested that your first three months are also free. We can only apply this when your account goes active so if we don't catch it on the day, months 2-4 will be free instead. As an aside, VAT wasn't charged twice but that's not the point. It just listed separately for each line item and then for the total.
Lolaan
Rising Star

Thanks Ben.   Smiley
I thought there was something wrong somewhere. Will keep a look out just in case.
What will happen to my domain names? Will they be moved to a new email account related to new broadband account or will I be using the same email account but only the dial up connection part will be changed to broadband? I wouldn't like to find myself without my main email address.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We will add broadband connection ability to your current account so any features you had (e.g. domains) will stay there unless they happen to be superseeded (e.g. larger webspace) or not allowed (e.g. freephone dialup).
Lolaan
Rising Star

Thanks Ben, one less worry for me.  Smiley