cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why try and rip customers off when they leave?

Frank4

Why try and rip customers off when they leave?

I left Plusnet yesterday after signing up for 12 months. Plusnet then tried to charge me another month. Reading your feedback it's clear you try to continue charging customers. My DD is cancelled. Shame, i would have considered returning to Plusnet but i could not do this now. Unacceptable wait when phoning Plusnet. Not interested in excuses & apologies.
6 REPLIES 6
Frank4

Re: Why try and rip customers off when they leave?

Plusnet ~ Please close my account. My broadband switched off yesterday from Plusnet and is now with Vodafone.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

I've manually processed the cancellation of your account which should close down within 24 hours.

We'll work out your final bill within the next 21 days that'll include any due refunds back to you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Frank4

Its a shame customers have to go on forums and social media to get problems caused by Plusnet resolved.
Lets keep this open.
I want this ticket updated by Plusnet confirming there is £0 to pay. I left Plusnet 15th Jan ~ Plusnet broadband was switched off then. Please don't insult my intelligence by sending me bills for service to 15th February.
I hope Plusnet can resolve this without the need for me to go on social media / contact BBC Watchdog.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Frank4

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you have received an invoice for services at the same time as cancelling, I understand this would appear confusing.

I have checked your account and have responded through a ticket here

If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch.

Frank4

Thanks for the update. All sounds good.
Shame yesterday after waiting over 20 minutes on the phone the Plusnet staff incorrectly told me I'm on a 30 day rolling contract and owe Plusnet the money.
Clearly he's can't do his job properly and needs training urgently.
When i see a final zero £ bill this issue can be closed.
Looking at this forum, over charging when customers leave appears to be common practice.
This behaviour will not help getting customers back to Plusnet in the future.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Frank4

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am sorry for any confusion caused. I have responded with more information on the ticket here

If you need any more assistance then feel free to get in touch.