cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so hard to pay

mathewlisett
Grafter

Why so hard to pay

so i go to billing, see an invoice to pay...and suddenly realise theres not a single link to actual pay via card. the only way it seems is by adding a card for direct debit and before all i did was wait until i had a message saying you need to pay yur bill and was sent direct to the payment page.
WHY on earth is plusnet making things so hard to achieve
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Why so hard to pay

Plusnet payments are automatic - once you have your payment details set up you don't need to do anything.
If you set up a Direct Debit from your bank account it will be automatically taken up to 10 days after you receive the email advising you of the amount on your billing date.
If you pay by card (debit or credit) you will be warned by email a few days before your billing date and the amount will be taken from your card on the billing date. Note that payment by card will also incur an extra £1.50 fee.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The buttons for updating both DD and card details are on the same page (the update payment details page in the portal, at https://portal.plus.net/apps/paymentdetails/manage/ - sorry if that's confusing?
You'll only get the link asking you to make a payment if we try and take the direct debit and it fails.
mathewlisett
Grafter

heres whats getting confused with ALL of the people that have done comments.
i have not  added a card, i have for MANY months paid  when told its now time and  a page with a link tells me to acknowledge this or pay the bill before being able to get to my account, this then send sme to the payment details which is how i normally pay.
but now that hasnt happened this time for an unknown reason and theres no option to just enter in details without adding the card
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry it took me so long to see what you were getting at. I've raised this with our billing team and they're looking into it for you. I doubt there'll be an answer in the next half hour but I'll make sure to chase it tomorrow and update you.