cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why on earth can't you change your package online?

Roccopark

Why on earth can't you change your package online?

My bill shot up, ok, obviously end of contract time.  Tried to change package online but it kept going round in circles.   Seriously, a technology company that can't cope with online changes?  Ain't doing me bloody proud.   *hurrumph*

9 REPLIES 9
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Why on earth can't you change your package online?

Hi Rocco,

To make an account change online you would need to do this via the member centre, however doing so will set you on the full pricing for the package chosen, if you wanted to discuss what we could offer in regards to discounts that would need to be done over the phone, if you were to try and choose one of the new customer offers it will attempt to sign up a new account for you.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Darkfire wrote: if you wanted to discuss what we could offer in regards to discounts that would need to be done over the phone.

Isn't it long overdue that contract offers for existing customers should be made available for viewing and signing up online.

Unless it is the firm intention of plusnet that all existing customers be kept in the dark like a crop of mushrooms to be used when they feel like it.

Or perhaps plusnet staff feel that their time is so much more valuable than their customers that it's only right that they should have to wait at their phones listening to some inane music while someone flips a coin, or checks the days quota, or...........................

Well I don't, I think it's a poor and shoddy way to treat customers.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I believe all of those things are coming in the new billing system / new CRM system / new member centre system / new provisioning system .... which we no longer hear about!  Sad

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We do have in-life campaigns that can do that job. Are you opted in for marketing emails?

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@MattyC,

I know the question was not directed at me, however I observe that I'm ticked in for all communications, that my contract rolls over on the 28th May and I've not received (have never received) an in-life campaign contact.

I hear of people being contacted 'can we make you a deal' but many others have not, I can therefore only guess that those contacted are a minority or first anniversary users?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's generally likely to be customers that are out of contract.

EDIT: Sorry that a a short response. In-life campaigns use a lot of insight and analytics to dictate who receives the communications. I don't know exactly who gets targeted, but I'd imagine that typically someone who rings Customer Options towards the end of their contract every time are more likely to be left to their own devices. Not saying this is what you're like Kevin, but it might provide a bit of insight.

gofaster
Rising Star

@Darkfire wrote:

To make an account change online you would need to do this via the member centre,

But I can't change via the member centre.

I am on Plusnet Unlimited Fibre (the old 80/20 product)

If I select Change My Products I am told:

THIS IS YOUR CURRENT BROADBAND PACKAGE

Plusnet Unlimited Fibre

£19.99
per month

• Unlimited Usage Allowance
  • 38Mb - 40Mb download speed (estimated)
  • 1Mb - 2Mb upload speed (estimated)
  • 18-month contract
  • Great if you regularly upload or stream HD TV and movies, or you're an online gamer

(Which is wrong for a start) and the only option offered is "keep this product"

So I can't change package to a current one.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@gofaster - Taking a look at that for you now.

Edit: Just a heads up that I've replicated your issue on the Member's Centre. I'm still asking questions but I'll need to chase up a bit further tomorrow.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Townman wrote:

I believe all of those things are coming in the new billing system / new CRM system / new member centre system / new provisioning system .... which we no longer hear about!  Sad

Can we now add the new Forum updates to this growing list of planned ( Angel ) upgrades?

M