cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not make phone & BB Contracts same length/ run in tandem?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Why not make phone & BB Contracts same length/ run in tandem?

Is there a logic for PN offering only 18mth contracts for BB, but 12 on phone?; be easier for us customers to keep track of, if they run in parallel assuming you take both services.

We keep seeing their parent offering cheap BB deals for only a 12 month commitment.

5 REPLIES 5
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Why not make phone & BB Contracts same length/ run in tandem?

I signed up to a new 24 month phone/ADSL contract last November. Long contracts can be a double-edged sword - if you get a good deal you know you've got 2 years before needing to cross your fingers hoping you get another equally good deal, but if you have problems which PlusNet don't seem able or willing to fix you face high early termination charges.

Can't comment about different length contracts for BB and phone - mine have always been in sync but I suppose people transferring BB or phone in from another provider could find themselves in that situation.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

id assume historically there were never many offers on phone, so the 12 month minimum may even be an openreach minimum term they pass on.

When Plusnet then offer free BB for 12 months and 6 months full price they can make the deal look better, but need to make the term longer etc, so may be why that gets extended.

Plusnet have in the past offered 12 month deals, 18 and 24 month, think its all in the marketing more than anything else,

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hmm. If you have broadband & phone with us, then the contract is the same length for both as it's essentially one contract.

Are you referring to paying line rental saver for 12 months? Technically that's not a contract, just a choice to pay your line rental up front to save some money.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not if broadband is fibre it isn't once you add LRS which throws everything put of sync

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Having different out of sync contract lengths for the broadband contract and LRS makes perfect sense (from Plusnet's point of view): it makes it harder for people to time a move to a different ISP.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)