cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Mac code taking so long?

inhost
Grafter

Re: Why is the Mac code taking so long?

You are saying I did not call, what other conclusion could anyone possibly draw from that?
Just send me my mac code, thanks.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@ inhost, calm down mate!
Nobody's called you a liar (I've read this thread thoroughly a couple of times), they said they couldn't find evidence of your call.
Note, in your first post you mentioned lies.
If you did call before (and nobody's saying you didn't) then an error was made and nothing was logged, I'd suggest you just call one of the numbers provided and get on with your life, you will not get a MAC without placing the call as requested.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
inhost
Grafter

At some point you just get sick, I have had 18 months on a miss sold fibre product and about 12 months before that as well of terrible service from these clowns now they cant even do a cancellation properly and are more than happy for me to waste even more time calling them again.
I called I want the code, they can do it they just dont want too, I just had a look at the PN facebook page, it is literally nothing but complaint after complaint about bad handling, promises never met, mistakes made by PN.
If they are not calling me a liar then only one of the following can be true:
1) they accept it is possible I did call and they made a mistake, in which case it should not be made my problem (which it currently is)
2) they dont care if I called or not, if the computer said no they are not prepared to make any effort to do anything about it.
3) they know I called, they are the ones being dishonest because they know they have made a mistake but they enjoy annoying customers that are as good as gone anyway

Any other alternatives I am not seeing?
James
Grafter

The facts are relatively simple.
- We can find no calls from you that you allege to have made.
- Noone looked at your account on the date you called (they would need to do this to make a retention offer)
- There are no tickets raised by us in relation to your call
As you have already have 5 different MAC codes I do wonder if you are confusing this call with another one you had made previously.
We won't generate a MAC, in line with GC24 until you either call us or send a letter.
cajef
Grafter

Quote from: inhost

Any other alternatives I am not seeing?

How about you called from a withheld number so there is no record of your call.
inhost
Grafter

I already said that is what I did, that however should not be a problem.
adie:quote
inhost
Grafter

Quote from: James
We won't generate a MAC, in line with GC24 until you either call us or send a letter.

James... I called I don't care what you cant find, what is CG24, real big of you throwing rubbish like that out to inflate your self worth when it is fairly obvious I wont know what it is?
Regardless, I CALLED YOU, give me the mac code.
Thanks.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/gc24.shtml
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
inhost
Grafter

I would also like to add the only reason I have had so many MAC code requests is because I have been trying to get out of your trap for ages, quick version being I had nothing but long disconnects on ADSL and was going to quit PN as the problems only started when I moved to plustnet from Orange, you sold me fibre as a solution to that, the problems continued ... the problems that I was told would be resolved by fibre so you miss sold me a package on the back of misfortune and then refused to let me out of it without paying hefty fee's despite the mistake being yours, some might even consider that criminal Smiley
so anyway I digress, mac code please.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi inhost, I'm afraid as I posted before we won't issue the MAC at present because we don't have the record of it being requested, whatever the reason might be for that. As such, and given that we can't find a record of the call, you'll need to call in on the numbers Chris has posted above or write to us and we'll be happy to get it to you.
inhost
Grafter

interesting document that GC24 James and here is what I have gained from it.
Section: Customer's termination rights
Sub Section 24.10
The Gaining Communications Provider must have procedures in place to enable the
Customer to exercise their right to terminate their contract pursuant to General
Condition 24.9 without unreasonable effort. These procedures must include the
ability to contact the Gaining Communications Provider to terminate the contract by
any of the following contact methods:
(i) telephone;
(ii) e-mail; and
(iii) post.

Guidelines in respect of General Condition
A6.1 General Condition 24 (‘GC24’) sets out a number of provisions in respect of the
sales and marketing of Fixed-Line Telecommunications Services31 with which the
relevant Communications Provider providing a Fixed-Line Telecommunications
Service (‘the Gaining Communications Provider’) must comply.
A6.26 GC24.10 contains provisions relating to the need for Gaining Communications
Providers to have procedures in place so that Customers are able to terminate
contracts without unreasonable effort in the termination procedure such as where
the consumer is required to take unreasonable steps to terminate e.g. reliance on
letters/faxes.

So I have made reasonable steps by calling, you have not complied, you are obliged to take requests by email, you do not offer this.
Further more:
Mis-selling prohibition
24.3 When selling or marketing Fixed-Line Telecommunications Services, the Gaining
Communications Provider must not:

(a) engage in dishonest, misleading or deceptive conduct;
I was sold the product I am on (by Luke) as he assured me it would resolve the issues I was having with ADSL as it would be an entirely new line and circuit this turned out to be not true and was most certainly misleading.
Starting to think I may have a case for a financial claim now actually.

So in the short term give me the email address to request my mac code/ cancellation from please, you absolutely have not followed GC24
James
Grafter

Hi,
From Ofcom's website.
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/codes-of-practice/migrations-authorisation-code-mac-broadband-migratio...
A1.4 The Communications Provider shall provide its End-Users with two or more of the following contact methods:
telephone numbers;
e-mail address; and
postal address,
We do postal and phone.  We do not offer a MAC by ticket/email.
cajef
Grafter

Quote from: inhost
to terminate the contract by
(i) telephone;
(ii) e-mail; and
(iii) post.
So in the short term give me the email address to request my mac code/ cancellation from please, you absolutely have not followed GC24

It says by any of the following methods not all of them, they give you two of the options.
inhost
Grafter

James. this is stupid, the link on YOUR website points to this: http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/telecoms/policy/narrowband/statement.pdf which is also from OFCOM and is the official statement not the web page general post and says nothing about only offering 2 methods.

it specifically says:
The Gaining Communications Provider must have procedures in place to enable the
Customer to exercise their right to terminate their contract pursuant to General
Condition 24.9 without unreasonable effort. These procedures must include the
ability to contact the Gaining Communications Provider to terminate the contract by

(i) telephone;
(ii) e-mail; and
(iii) post.
The key words being ANY, MUST, EMAIL
This is not open to your interpretation, it is very clear, I the customer must be able to request cancellation by any of the following methods and you the service provider must make that available.
For those of you who were let down by the education system the relevancy in the term is here: These procedures must include the
ability to contact the Gaining Communications Provider
This is from a customer perspective they are stating that the customer (me) must be able to use any of those methods, it is not written from the perspective of the Gaining Communications Provider i.e. you must offer any of these would would imply choice however OFCOM do not mess around with words so they would never have written it in this way if it was a choice.
Is it unfair of me to ask that you stick to the guidelines in the document that you link to in your own site, I don't think so?
So mac code will be fine if you want to get that done or you can send me the email address to request it from.
Thanks.
James
Grafter

Sorry, GC24 relers to fixed line telephony services and not broadband.
I should have referred you to general condition 22 instead.  My apologies.
I've attached it to this post, for some reason the PDF won't let me copy.