cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Mac code taking so long?

inhost
Grafter

Why is the Mac code taking so long?

I asked for a mac code on the 7th Jan now that my 18 months of terrible miss-sold service is over that I was trapped in with lies by people who don't know the difference between a router and a ball of string.
It is now the 14th and still no mac code, is this some attempt to cause insult on top of injury?
38 REPLIES 38
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Why is the Mac code taking so long?

how did you ask for it - raising a ticket doesn't work
you need to call the cancellation number
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: inhost
I asked for a mac code on the 7th Jan now that my 18 months of terrible miss-sold service is over that I was trapped in with lies by people who don't know the difference between a router and a ball of string.
It is now the 14th and still no mac code, is this some attempt to cause insult on top of injury?

Some information which may be of use > http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/grass_is_greener.shtml?source=keymatch
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked your closed tickets?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi inhost,
I can't see any MAC requests on your account I'm afraid, it wasn't even viewed by any of our staff on the 7th so it doesn't look like you called in on that date and I can't see any tickets either. Sorry about that but it would explain why you haven't had a code through yet.
inhost
Grafter

Classic plusnet the first response is to blame the customer, the second response is to try and find a reason it is not your fault, meanwhile I am still sitting waiting no further forward.
I called, I asked, I was offered some rubbish because you assume all anyone cares about it price, I rejected offer, I was told the MAC key would be sent.
Frankly this response of yours just confirms I made the right choice, your guys are terrible at logging anything meaningful so the fact no one even opened my account details or perhaps opened the wrong ones or perhaps that your own system is full of bugs is of no bug surprise and quite frankly not my concern at all.
Get my mac code sent today, stop making your problems and failures my problem to deal with (over and over again)

Thanks.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Happy to, though I can't unless we have any proof that it's been requested and as I said there's no ticket on your account and no agent looked at it on the 7th. If you could advise the time and date of the call and the number you made it from though we'll be happy to get it listened to and issue the MAC?
Just want to state as well - we're not trying to be difficult here, our phone system opens the account for the agent when you call so that'd have happened automatically, and we've no problem with sending you a MAC at all - we've done so 5 times already, from checking your account?
inhost
Grafter

I did not call from my land line so I am not sure how your system would do that, and if that is the case why do you ask me for my account name (and usually get it wrong) almost every time I call?
Don't give me that BS about "you cant unless" that is an internal process not regulation, I have had a mac code in the past from someone simply by requesting it on this very forum after a lengthy complaint on another account, I know you can do it you just want to be a pain about it.
Sorry I am not wasting my time listening to the same crap hold music for 20 minutes again, I asked for it so either call me a liar or stop making your own failures my problem (the very reason I am leaving to begin with) and send it.
Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, if the number you called from is on the account (mobile, maybe?) it'd have been done that way, and even if it wasn't we'll still be able to listen to the call - like I said, all we need is the date, time and number you called from. If you could pass that on we'll be happy to confirm your request and issue the code.
inhost
Grafter

The 7th, possibly the 6th at some point between 10am and 2pm at best guess.
To be clear I don't give a damn what you can or cannot find, I called so either call me a liar or give me the code.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have no intention of calling you a liar, though I'm afraid the information you've given is too vague to find the call (and unfortunately useless without us knowing the number you called from). I'm not asking you to post it here, if you could confirm it was from the mobile number on the account  then that'd be fine - alternatively you could pop the information on a ticket or a PM to me? I'm afraid we won't be issuing the MAC without this information though, sorry for the inconvenience. Yes it's an internal process but it's in place for good reasons.
inhost
Grafter

Not my problem give me my mac code or I open a complaint + tear someone's ear off when I get through and I will make sure they thank you personally for it.
You are now essentially calling me a liar, maybe you will win an award for that.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As Matt says, we have a set process for requests and providing a MAC. That process is for you to call us or write a letter. As you say you've already called us, we want to be able to see why the person you spoke to didn't have your account opened and didn't put a ticket on.
Did you call from the mobile number on your account? If so I can search the call recordings based on that and see why the correct process hasn't been followed.
Otherwise you'll need to call in to request your MAC on  0800 073 1120 or 0345 140 0200.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
inhost
Grafter

Chris,
I am not interested on your internal process at this stage, it is just not my problem, no the mobile number you have is old and not the one I have now but this is beside the point, I called from my office the number would have been withheld.
Just give me my mac code and do it now, I could not care less about yet another mistake you guys made.
I will meat you half way though, I will call again to request the code on the condition that if I can show evidence I was on the phone to PN for over 20 minutes on one of those days you refund me 50% of everything I have ever paid you and apologise on your website home page for publicly inferring I am a liar?
Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry but neither of those things are going to happen.
If you want a MAC, I've provided the numbers to call us on.
We've not called you a liar, you are the only person in this thread mentioning that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.