cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is renewing a contract so much more expensive than a new contract?

Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

Why is renewing a contract so much more expensive than a new contract?

First question.
My contracts coming to an end on April 3rd. Just been having a look at renewal and found out it's £165 more to stay with Plusnet than a new customer would pay over 18 months. Do you really want me to go that much?
The phone and broadband service has been ok. I'm quiet willing to remain a customer. But it seems you're determined to scare me away with a massive price hike. Why?

Second question.
I'm part way through a 'line rental saver' 12 month up front payment plan. I was told when I took this out that if I left part way through, (and I feel as though I'm being pushed out) any unused months would be refunded. But I'm now being told that If I leave you're keeping my pre-paid line rental. Again, why?

You seem to have become very hostile towards existing customers. Do you really dislike us that much?

4 REPLIES 4
hazzardlover
Dabbler

Re: Why is renewing a contract so much more expensive than a new contract?

All companys are at it, they try to get new customers, while losing there old customers.

this advert is classic

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YHAhuhfYg

Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

No, I disagree with that.
Most Companies try it. But most companies, once you point out that you know what they're doing and you intend to leave offer something better. Most companies try, but realise customer loyalty helps thier business. Plusnet on the other hand seem quiet happy to see you leave.

hazzardlover
Dabbler

HI, well i cant comment on all companys, however i have left sky tv, half price deal, once i gave notice.

Electic and gas, got a deal after i gave notice, to leave, car insurance also got a "specail deal"i agree some companys maybe wont do a deal, but most will, once they know you mean you are leaving, it makes me mad, years ago, being loyal would always result in a good deal, being loyal now, means one thing, you are over paying

Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

Looks like I'm off, back to Talktalk probably. Phone, broadband, and 2 mobile contracts going. Plusnet have no interest in keeping my custom.