Did you mean: 

Why is it sooo difficult?

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Why is it sooo difficult?

It sounds like that the adviser has done now what I had planned if adding and removing the channel pack didn’t help.

I’m back in the office on Tuesday so if this isn’t resolved by then I’ll be happy to make sure we’re doing everything we can to fix the issue as quick as possible.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Thanks for the offer. If I don't post anything positive here by Tuesday, then it'll still be as it was so please do whatever you can.

I don't get any enjoyment from ranting on here but hope you can see why I feel the need to.

(sorry about my slip of the keyboard earlier Mike (Mav), good spot btw)

DS
Seasoned Champion

Fix
CSC Analyst
5:03pm, Monday 26 Mar 2018

Thank you for your patience.

We have now ensured the Entertainment Plus package has been fully removed. We currently are aware that you will be due a refund of £3.00 for this month and a further refund on the next bill.

To rectify this we will place this ticket with our customer support team and they will refund the first payment once the direct debit has cleared and we will send an email confirmation.

We will also monitor your account for your next invoice so that we can refund any charges for that package also.

Internal

Please refund £3.00 when the direct debit has cleared.

Please place on hold until the next bill date and once invoice is generated please refund entertainment plus charges.

So it would appear it's now been sorted. (after only 15 months!Crazy3 )

Though why it'll also be on the next bill is a tad odd as it's not been 'generated' yet.

Time will tell I guess.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So it would appear it's now been sorted. (after only 15 months!Crazy3 )

I'm glad to hear that. I've raised a task with our database analyst (DBA) team to check the back-end systems to make sure it's not showing there.

Though why it'll also be on the next bill is a tad odd as it's not been 'generated' yet.

Unfortunately there are charges scheduled to be added to your next invoice.

Due to the way our system works we can't remove them but I'll see if our DBA team can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion

I'm glad to hear that. I've raised a task with our database analyst (DBA) team to check the back-end systems to make sure it's not showing there.

I spoke too soon. How did the raising of the task go?

Unfortunately there are charges scheduled to be added to your next invoice.

And herein lies a problem.....

I can see the following on ticket 168972597

YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | Subscription | <removed> | Destroyed |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | Kids Channel Pack | <removed> | Active |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | BT Sport Lite Channel Pack | <removed> | Destroyed |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | Kids Channel Pack | <removed> | Unconfigured |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | BT Sport Lite Channel Pack | <removed> | Unconfigured |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | Entertainment Plus Channel Pack | <removed> | Destroyed |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | Entertainment Plus Channel Pack | <removed> | Destroyed |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | destroyed | Entertainment Plus Channel Pack | <removed> | Active |
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack | <removed> | active | Subscription | <removed> | Active |

(my bold). Note there's 3x Ent+ destroyed with the latter one active. No idea what active means in this case - as in it is removed or it's been made active again.

But this has possibly caused the systems to bill me 3x for this unwanted ticket!!

3x ent plus charge.PNG

Not happy. £8.80 overcharge requires a refund.

DS
Seasoned Champion

*unwanted service not ticket.

Spoke with PN after posting the above....

He has 'patched' the problem by applying a £3 discount in addition to the original contract discounts to cover the unwanted Ent+ service for 3 months from today.

I've told him we won't be renewing our contract with PN when it's due to expire - I asked to confirm our contract end date, which I've asked on here before but couldn't find it, and he has confirmed it's 17 Aug 18.

Can't wait!

(may still use the mgals as a way out)

edit. Thanks for your reply above, not sure how I missed it.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

There's a price rise coming in June so you can escape then without any penalty charges to get out of the mess you're in. Have you had an email yet? The problems you have had with the TV subscriptions have been totally out of order so I don't blame you for wanting to leave.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

How did the raising of the task go?

From what I can see the task is still open with DBA.

When I chased this up last week I was advised they're in the process of rolling out a fix.

I've asked them for an update and I'll post back when I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion

@RealAleMadrid Thanks for that and sorry for not replying sooner. Just checked with SWMBO (main acc holder) and nope no email as yet regarding a price rise. This is something we'll probably use as it's beyond a joke now.

@Gandalf thanks for checking. I can see you've added to the ticket a few times now.

In honesty, this really shouldn't be happening and it's so annoying that having a simple service removed has become an utter pita.

For any future readers, here's some of the content of the open ticket - only posting in the hope it'll help others should they have to endure similar hassle in the future and is not meant to be read as having a pop at PN.

The Question 168972597 has been released from hold and sent back to Customer Advocates Social

Dear Mrs S,

***internal

I have discounted the £3 for entertainment+ from the account until the end of the contract. This has effectively resolved the issue for Mrs S,

DO NOT attempt to destroy the component again as they have been charged two prorata amounts for the product and still been charged for the product's full amount anyway.

Please apply an adequate gogw to make up for the length of time it has taken to resolve this issue and various inconveniences caused by us waiting for this solution.

[INTERNAL]
Task 563319

Waiting on DBA to roll out a fix.

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 1st May at 7:00am.

Your offer details are below:

Unlimited Fibre - Market 2/3 (Subscription) discount (3 months) - <removed>
Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls (Call Plan) discount (3 months) - <removed>
YouView+ with Entertainment Pack (Subscription) discount (3 months) - £3.00

IF this is resolved before the end of the contract and we don't use the price rise email (when we get it) to break free, then we also may use the mgals that was discussed during the call - it's regarding the u/l speed of 2.5Mbps when the lower BTDSL results are 4.3Mbps (or around that figure as I can't remember the exact figure PN have on their systems).

Does anybody know if the price rise values are mentioned on these forums? - as in how much they're going up by.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm hoping that this is resolved before your next bill date.

I'll leave that extra discount on that we've applied until we can be sure this is resolved. If you don't see Entertainment+ on your next bill then you'd essentially have an extra discount off your bill.

then we also may use the mgals that was discussed during the call - it's regarding the u/l speed of 2.5Mbps when the lower BTDSL results are 4.3Mbps

Unfortunately MGALS refers to the downstream line speed not upstream I'm afraid.

From what I can see your sync rate is currently 27.8mbps which is above your MGALS.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion

I hope it's resolved this time. Good luck with it!! I've heard it several times now with many reassurances it's now sorted, only to find PN continue to bill me for it. Getting it wrong once - fair enough, but the time and effort taken for what seems to be an easy task is truly unbelievable.

Regarding the u/l issue. Oh okay, I must have misunderstood what was being said during the last call. I was under the impression that there's a problem as we don't get the lower clean u/l speed. I thought the mgals were for u/l and d/l, not just d/l. Guess it'll be the price rise then.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Guess it'll be the price rise then.

Found the email dated 18 April 2018.

There’s nothing for you to do, you’ll see the changes on your new bill from 5th June 2018. We hope you’re happy with your products and services, but if you do decide to leave because of these changes, we won’t apply any early termination charges. All we ask is that you call us on <removed> to tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 days’ notice

(my bold)

No, in honesty I'm not happy (see above)

Glad to hear it.

I'll be making the call shortly. Just checking rival deals.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just following up here as we've been advised this issue has now been resolved.

You shouldn't see Entertainment+ on your next bill.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion

Sorry for not replying sooner @Gandalf - ill health got in the way

I'm glad to hear it's been resolved (again!!)

But the issue (or part thereof) still wasn't resolved - the 2x pro rata charges and the Ent+ charge on the last bill were not refunded. I've had to call (yet again) to sort this out - turns out the guy tried to refund before the money was paid to you and thus* it failed. You did still get yours though.

* I'd of thought that amending a bill before the payment is taken would be easy to do. I'm with the guy that tried as I must admit taking the 'full' incorrect amount and then refunding is a bit 'weird' in today's society. Good job it's only small amounts and not larger ones as that would really 'annoy' the heck the out of me.

(We're still contemplating reporting this to Ofcom, even though we've been assured it's resolved as imho somebody needs their bottom kicking for all of this - it should never have happened in the first place and steps should be taken to prevent this from happening in the future)

Anyway, let's see what the next bill looks like............

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @DS,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive your refund and that you've had to chase this up with us.

Looking at your account, everything looks to be okay now and you should be billed correctly on your next bill. However, please don't hesitate to get back in touch on here if you experience any further problems with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team