cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult with EVERYTHING with this Company

engineer

Why is it so difficult with EVERYTHING with this Company

I closed by account with PlusNet on the 11th February 2018, I then asked and asked and asked how to make my final payment, after days of waiting and giving up trying to pay over the phone due to the long wait times I sent them a cheque on the 19th February 2018 for the full amount to the payment address supplied by PlusNet.

Today I got a disgusting letter from them chasing the payment and threating me with further charges for none payment. I tied to phone again and again and again today the 1st March only to be told the wait time is at least half an hour.

The pre-recorded message also informs me they no longer take payments over the phone, strange because the letter I received today gave me two numbers to call to make my final payment

I think it is absolutely disgusting having to pay £30 just to be disconnected when their parent company BT do not charge this anymore, I have taken this up with Ofcom and I have also written to my local MP.

I have looked on my account on line and it does not say I owe anything and I cannot see a way online of paying any owed amount anyway.

I am a 70-year old OAP and can well do without this disgusting treatment and service from this Company, I was with them for over 15-years so surely this must tell them something about their service when I decided to leave.

If someone from PlusNet is reading this they need to get their act together and deal with my complaint urgently

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Why is it so difficult with EVERYTHING with this Company

Not much I can help with on the payment side, but I can assure you BT will charge you if you cancel your Broadband, or move to a non BT Wholesale Broadband supplier.

engineer

Thank you for reply but they the circumstances are still unacceptable, you cannot pay online and when you ring them you are in a 30-minute queue, but even before you join the queue you are informed that they no longer take payments over the phone, obviously its rocket science for PlusNet to sort out this problem  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that. I believe you've got in touch with us over Facebook and one of my colleagues is looking into this. He'll be in touch with you when he has more info. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet