cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to cancel my account?

iainagnew

Why is it so difficult to cancel my account?

I have just called in and pressed the relevent options.  I was on hold for 11 MINUTES (!) before I got to speak to someone who said I had gone through to the wrong team (which was rubbish as I pressed the appropriate button).  I was then 'transferred internally' which apparently means I don't have to queue again, which was another lie.  When someone finally answered the call he just said that the cancellation team was closed  He then offerred to get someone to call me back tomorrow...I was not happy with this and so he put his manager on, who just repeated the line 'our customer options team don't make outbound calls' and wouldn't help me whatsoever.
So after 30 mins on the phone to 3 different people I am still unable to cancel my account.  They wouldn't even make a note and cancel it for me - they said I had to call back in tomorrow!  I am astounded at how pathetic this company is.
I am assuming all this is tactical so you get  my customer for that little bit longer.  I will never ever choose Plusnet again and I ensure I actively advise friends and colleagues not to choose them when they are making broadband and telephony purchases.  Complete and utter rubbish.
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Why is it so difficult to cancel my account?

Did you call the Cancellations/Customer Options Team during their opening hours which are stated in Contact Us?
Cancellations    0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 09:00 - 17:30 every weekday (except Bank Holidays).
(option 7 given in the message)
Outside these hours a 'closed' message is normally received - just tried to check and that's what I got.
Otherwise you can send a letter to their registered address.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Why is it so difficult to cancel my account?

Hi iainagnew,
As spraxyt says, the customer options team line closes at 5:30pm. I'd say your best time to call up is early afternoon.