cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it saying my account is closing now?

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Why is it saying my account is closing now?

Hi, been getting loads of connection drops again yesterday and today. I know we've gone over this and Plusnet mentioned I've to move my master socket and use a different wire but I am conflicted over that to be honest because it's not that I disbelieve Plusnet but the engineer who came out said to me it 10000% wasn't the wire after testing it and that Plusnet don't know and can't see the problems to the extent they can at their side which he mentioned that he promised me it wasn't the wire after he tested and run the wire directly into his box saying it was brilliant but Plusnet say it 100% is the wire and I've to use theirs which means I have to move the master socket which will cost me £160 and might not even be the problem (may be, may not but it's a lot of money). It's just really baffling how this will be solid for days or weeks on end, how it would always be early hours the drops and connections around the same time and then I'd get a couple of bad days (which yesterday and today seems to be one so far), it's just so baffling because it doesn't make sense and a wire wouldn't choose when to do this at certain times only, I know we went through this here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Left-frustrated-after-engineer-visit/td-p/1711488 but I have to stress my frustration because this is not fair!

I'm being told and promised 100% by both sides different things. 

So as I was getting a lot of drops I just logged into my account and now I'm getting this.

Screenshot_20200327-090421.jpg

As you can see I'm on 4G because my internet wasn't working with the router going orange all the time and rebooting itself plus the website problems last few days which is apparently a DNS issue (a couple of people posted about this also here) and now this above.

Honestly, I really love you guys and I KNOW you are wonderful to us and try help but it's problem after problem after problem after problem all the time constantly lately which I've had since around Christmas time.

I'm just heartbroken because I love Plusnet but I'm constantly getting problems and I don't like to have to keep coming on saying there's another problem Sad

Please sort this out, I'm getting so stressed lately, thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Why is it saying my account is closing now?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your time on the phone @robbieglover2k it was good to speak with you.

I'm sorry for the issues you're having with your connection. As discussed, we need to determine once and for all if the problem is with your extension cable by swapping it out for the shorter cable we provided with the router.

From the PM you've sent me as I'm typing this up, I believe you've just done this now. I'll monitor your connection over the next few hours and I'll follow things up with you afterwards. I've added more detail on to your support ticket Here.

With regards to the message about your account's about to be closed, this is a display issue as there's no cancellation request in place. Sorry for the worry this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

You are absolutely fantastic!!! Thank you!!! Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers Robbie, no problem at all Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet